Matt's GTR Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

20160801_204147.jpg

My next track day is September 14th, I'll have an instructor in the car for 20 minutes.

The front pads sound like they're on the warning tab, so I'm going to check those and the thickness of the front rotors. If I need pads I'm going to do front pads, brake fluid, stainless lines, and tires before my next track day.

If I don't need pads I'll just do tires and run it again. Still debating on new tires in a 285 square stance or go with used in stock sizes.

Due to a family member having some health issues, I won't be able to make the last track day of the year. So I'll have all winter to get my stuff together for the next.

I did buy a set of 2015 head/tail lights. The passenger side head light currently has issues with condensation and I just don't want to screw with swapping out for another set that might have issues.

I'll post pics when I get to Utah in October.

Off topic but some of my recent travels
La Jolla, CA
IMG_20160823_131622.jpg

Cape Flattery, WA
IMG_20160914_205923.jpg

Too lazy to fix it but explored Olympic National Park with this one
IMG_1817.png

Did the woman make you stop in Forks to visit Twilight? lol

you're up near a few of us northwest hondaswappers.

Did the woman make you stop in Forks to visit Twilight? lol

you're up near a few of us northwest hondaswappers.

Funny you should ask cuz she did haha

I was going to make a post but we only had a few days and a mile long agenda

2015 lights and tints done. Also making moar powa now that I'm not at such a high altitude. Lights up the 335s from a launch and is sideways until I grab second.
IMG_20161003_170256.jpg
20161003_165420.jpg

Some pics taken by a friend of mine, Ben Springli. He's pretty good with the camera.

Tore up some of Idaho yesterday. The roads were wet but that was just an excuse to get a little sideways ;) car is running pretty rich, need to re-tune.
FB_IMG_1475761731958.jpg
FB_IMG_1475761742780.jpg

Thanks man. I still have a hard time believing it is my car

It is a confusing lineup lol. The BRZ is basically stock but the Civic is built to the walls with ITR and handling goodies. It has an NA b16 swap with some bolt ons.. Pretty clean little car.

I straightened out the tune with some slight adjustments to the fuel and timing tables in the mid-high range, high load cells. The short and long term fuel trims are spot on.

I'm slowly reducing boost off the line to get a decent launch. As of now there's a little too much wheel spin for my taste.

Just rolled over 21k. I love this fuckin car.

Back