Matt's GTR Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The car got a clean bill of health from Mr. Kitchens, so it is safe to say it will be coming home with me on the 23rd.

There may or may not be talk of Wil installing an Alpha kit on this car :ph34r:. I have a midpipe waiting in Utah to keep me happy until then.

I'll put insurance on it this week, and everything is lined out financially. I'm fuckin stoked.

04-3.jpg

Yep. Was much many more better than I was expecting, and the areas of concern turned out to be nothing of relative importance. Car's clean as shit, I approve.

Which is rare.

that means you have time to fly there, drive here, pick me up for a hell ride, and still make it back in time for work on monday :)

as of right now, yeah, i'm planning to go at least for a couple days. I should probably book a hotel room and flight at some point in the next month. I have 4 weeks of roll over vacation and will earn another 3 this year. i need to use it or lose it (i'm already losing it...)

I have some fam in colo springs that i plan to visit for a day as well. I'll probably attend the race day, not really interested in going all the way up the mtn. I was hurting pretty bad at 6000 ft on mt washington. I can't imagine what 12,000 feels like. So, no, i'm not going to the top lol

i'm not gonna drive, too far to go alone...

maybe you can pick me up at the air port in style? :D but i'd need a rental anyway to go see my aunt (trust me, you don't want to go there. lol they're a little eccentric...)

as of right now, yeah, i'm planning to go at least for a couple days. I should probably book a hotel room and flight at some point in the next month. I have 4 weeks of roll over vacation and will earn another 3 this year. i need to use it or lose it (i'm already losing it...)

I have some fam in colo springs that i plan to visit for a day as well. I'll probably attend the race day, not really interested in going all the way up the mtn. I was hurting pretty bad at 6000 ft on mt washington. I can't imagine what 12,000 feels like. So, no, i'm not going to the top lol

i'm not gonna drive, too far to go alone...

maybe you can pick me up at the air port in style? :D but i'd need a rental anyway to go see my aunt (trust me, you don't want to go there. lol they're a little eccentric...)

When would you go? I was thinking about going later in the race week. Maybe show up Wed or Thurs so I could stay for the actual race on Sunday.

Best time to get there is by midday Friday so you can go to Fan Fest on Friday night in downtown Colorado Springs - all the cars get displayed and there's dirtbike jumpin' shit and whatnot. We spend Saturday going over the car, changing fluids, checking torques, etc and then stage the car on the mountain midday Saturday, and spend the rest of Saturday afternoon grilling and fucking off in beautiful Colorado before the race Sunday.

But, less threadjack. More GTR!

There would be moar GTR by now but United can't figure out how to keep an airplane running

Back