Matt's GTR Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I'm looking at these in gunmetal

Attachments

• IMG_3858_zpsarihymuk.jpg
    IMG_3858_zpsarihymuk.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 218
I'm going to hold off on wheels and tires until Spring. Reason? Because this:

Stock wheels will get a 285 square setup with sticky tires.
I'll get a set of nice looking wheels with 285/335 MPSS for the street.

So I might as well destroy the stock Dunlop run flats on the street/track while I'm getting a feel for the car. Then I can replace the pads, brake fluid, and lines in preparation for my next track day (probably in the Spring.)

I'll add sway bars, etc. as I see fit. I've heard of understeer being an issue but there's no point in fixing that unless I can push the car to that point.

I'm going to Bryce, Utah next week to drive the infamous Highway 12. Can't wait :)

The "nightmare" downpipes came off in an hour and a half with no issues. Tonight I'll be chasing some threads (to be 100% safe) then installing the new downpipes and rear section.

Then I'll be tuning until the sun comes up :)

always smart to chase out those threads that deal with expansion and contraction. not looking forward to changing my downpipe elbow with all the reports of the bolts snapping off in the turbo.

always smart to chase out those threads that deal with expansion and contraction. not looking forward to changing my downpipe elbow with all the reports of the bolts snapping off in the turbo.

Many people reported the same issue with the GTR downpipes, but some of these people were also trying to change them on jack stands with a straight socket and extensions :lol: A lift and wobble socket made removal a breeze.

I'll take my GoPro out with me tonight. I keep forgetting it at home. Lol

So I'm averaging 20.9 mpg with the high boost tune and a heavy right foot, not that I really care but that's pretty good in my eyes.

Did another oil change today, car now has about 16,500 miles on it after I did some canyon runs this weekend. Headed out of town for the next three days to explore some better stuff :D

So I'm averaging 20.9 mpg with the high boost tune and a heavy right foot, not that I really care but that's pretty good in my eyes.

Shit, i barely average that in my 330ci. mostly city driving though.

Shit, i barely average that in my 330ci. mostly city driving though.

Mine is mixed; mostly city with highway/freeway on occasion. But I'm definitely not easy on the gas. Lol

yeah man, that's outstanding. if i'm heavy footed, i won't see more than 18 or 19 in the gen.

That's surprising, I figured the Genesis would get better mileage.

Man, life is fucking awesome lately. I spent the entire day (6+ hours) roaming through canyons in Colorado. The Pilot Super Sports are performing well so far, plenty of grip and a little smoother than the runflats. Here's a shitty phone picture. The bike in front of me stopped and asked me a bunch of questions about the car lol
20160706_184439.jpg

Back