Matts96HB's EJ6 Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yeah, those windy back roads are fun( even more fun with a set of sway bars)

cant wait to see the vids;)

thx for the feedback, still gathering video.

and trying to fix this damn exhaust leak lol, its pissin me off, the bolts on the mani keep coming loose for some reason.

Make sure it's the thread locker. They also make loctite thread sealer and anti-seize which isn't what you want.

Thanks.. I got the right stuff.

Anyway, I have a question. When I start the car (only when cold) the idle is spuratic, bounces between 1,500 and about 2,000 rpms. Anyone know why this is? My engine check light is still on, I can't seem to figure out what the deal is.

Idle Air Control Valve, correct? what could be wrong? Wrong plug in? Sensor is bad?

Also noticed that when I rev to in between 2 and 3 it does the same thing, still idling kinda wierd. Any help would be great!

its a common sensor that goes bad on those.

The IAC valce is on the back of the intake mani if I'm correct and is black. I've had at least 3 go bad on me. To check it, unplug it while idling, and if the idle goes up, like immediately, then its good, but if it doesn't do anything, then its still bad.

Or atleast that is my experience with them.

Thanks for the tip, ill try that tomorrow. So im guessing if the idle goes way up then its good and might just need cleaning?

So I unplugged it today with the car idling, nothing changed. Im wondering if my wiring got messed up somehow. The D-Series plug didn't match up with that one so I had to cut and splice the LS one on there, duno if that works or not tho.

Have you scanned the code yet?
If you're sure that you swapped the SAME wires for the SAME sensor, there shouldn't be a problem. Take the IACV off and clean it. If that doesn't work, buy a new one.

Havent scanned the code, checking the wiring today to make sure its still connected and what not, and if thats bad then im getting a new one. Thanks for the help.

Update

**UPDATE**

Got my first timed passes in on friday! Im fairly happy with the results, the local track hasnt been maintained very well, so the launch is very slick, but anyway here we go! These runs were on "Cooper ZEON ZPT" tires, 50 series at 38 psi. Slipping clutch FTMFL.. should have replaced it during the swap :(

Best time:
R/T - .6899
60 ft- 2.3548
1/8 ET - 9.7620
1/8 MPH - 73.76
1/4 ET - 15.1182
1/4 MPH - 92.95

6gwhvdt.jpg

Outlined the numbers so it is easier to read.. track printouts suck.. anyway, im fairly happy with the time, I definetely need more practice but its a good start. Boost soon! :ph34r:

Are those Motegis 15s or 16s? Ive been thinkin about buyin that exact set for my hatch lol. Luckily the shop i work for is a motegi retailer:D , i get rims dirt cheap.

Back