Matts96HB's EJ6 Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

6/25 UPDATE:
New rotors/pads on the front.
Rotors are Brembo (OEM Size) drilled & slotted.
Pads are PBR semi metallic.

Easy install. Stops alot better too :D
Here's an updated pic, all dirty.. but not alot has changed. Painted centercaps, thats all I can think of.

Turbo in the works. Hope to have it done by the end of summer!! ;)

Drilled and slotted rotors will do nothing but chew your pads up faster. Which might not be such a bad thing, since it will give you an opportunity to change to Brembo blanks w/ Hawk pads :thumbsup:

Good luck with the turbo project, keep us updated.

awesome. Never checked this thread out til now. Funny though... i was just pricing out a b18b swap w/gsr trans... along with some other things hehe.

Good stuff, keep us posted with the terrrbooouughhh

engine wiring

this is a good place to go get engine wiring he does everything... ENGINEWIRING.COM

awesome. Never checked this thread out til now. Funny though... i was just pricing out a b18b swap w/gsr trans... along with some other things hehe.

Good stuff, keep us posted with the terrrbooouughhh
Yeah, the B18B is really a good value. Especially in my hatch, the weight combined with the torque of the LS is really nice. Throw in some shorter gearing and its not too shabby. :) Was pretty cheap too, I think I spent around 2,500 for everything, including a new front bumper (no paint yet :( ), intake, exhaust, pulleys, and I replaced a few other misc. parts along the way.

did you get your b18b locally? Im figuring around 3-3.3k when all is said and done. This will be held off til next summer since i just bought a bike, and all i really want is something that will get me around town a little better rather than having to rev over 3.5k to make any power. Maybe later throw a hmt kit or something like a peak boost kit..

b18b swap w/gsr hydro trans (maybe lsd..) and obd1 ecu w/harness (possible future turbooooo?)
header
intake mani
itr oil pump, new belts, new fluids, new plugs, sensors if needed, etc
homemade intake w/ k&n filter

I got my motor from JDM-online.com
JDM B18B G1 '94-'95 INTEGRA [B18BG1C] : JDM-Online.com, JDM Engines & Accessories
Told them I needed an OBD2 motor instead of OBD1, they were happy to send me one of those, along with my choice in tranny because they were out of LS tranny's. No extra cost on the transmission either.
Shipped to my door, about 2k.
Got the intake off ebay. Cost me 50 shipped I think.
Pulleys I got from a friend who had a b16 del sol that was stolen. $40
Exhaust is full mandrel bent 3 inch, bent, fitted, and welded everything together at work. 3" pipe cost me $20. The muffler, resonator, and cat cost me 250 from the same guy that had that del sol. Mounts I got from a local scrapyard, someone ordered them and didnt pick them up so i got them fairly cheap i think it was 200 for all of them, drivers side, passenger side, t bracket, and a couple spare ones. I custom made my throttle bracket out of the old one, and the throttle cable i had lying around. So.. total was around $2,560 give or take some.

Oh btw. The complete swaps from jdm online really are complete.. mine came with everything. Motor, trans, ecu, downpipe, exahust mani, all the lines and what not , even came with the upper and lower radiator hoses. Sweet deal.

Oh, and definetely get LSD.
and gas mileage is pretty good, mine still isnt running that great but it is around 30mpg city, even with me mashing on it every once in awhile.

Im lookin at torontojdm.com they quoted me an awesome price for a b18c1 and said drop them a line for any future purchases. b18b swap there is 1850, hopefully i can get them to swap the trans with a gsr one with lsd for 2000-2100. But thats not for some time now, so we'll see. Ill probably change my mind in a few weeks lol

Haha. Yeah thats one thing about swapping motors. I changed my mind a million times before I finally settled on the LS for this car. I started out wanting an H22, but decided against that. Then it was the jdm b18c, then the b16a, then back to the h22, then I decided I wanted to boost so I got the LS. Funny how all that works, so many possibilities.

Alright, just updating this with the parts I have so far.

Front end:
99-00 Replacement Fenders
99-00 Core Support
99-00 CTR Style Headlights
99-00 OEM Grille
99-00 Foglights (black housing w/clear lense)
New bolts & plastic screws from Honda
99-00 OEM Civic Si Lip (on the way)

Turbo:
Garrett t3/t04 .50 hot .63 compressor
Equal Length Manifold (made locally)
Greddy RS BOV
Spearco FMIC
TiAL Sport Wastegate (on the way)
Glowshift Gauges & Gauge bezel (around cluster)
Hondata s300 with boost module, anti lag, launch control, etc. (on the way)
OBD1 P28 ECU
OBD2a>OBD1 Jumper Harness
RC 750cc Injectors (on the way)

Exhaust:
New flexpipe
3" downpipe standard 5 bolt t3/t4 flange
Vibrant Performance Streetpower Flat Black 3" Universal Muffler

Paint:
Respray in black w/ some sort of pearlescent

Wheels:
Picked up a set of drag track wheels with MT slicks locally

All these parts are going on over winter, tuning in spring hopefully, unless I can get a trailer to get it to the dyno over winter. Let me know what you guys think.

Another update.
TiAL Sport 38mm wastegate is here.
wastegatenr2.th.jpg

Wiseco Pistons 9.0 c/r
Eagle Rods
ARP Rod bolts
ACL rod bearings
ACL Main bearings
ACL Thrust bearing

all ordered, should be here soon.

upping my power goal to 300 whp ish

Update:

Finally got around to buying another car to drive while I work on this beast.
Its stripped, the B18B1 is about ready to come out. I'll be posting up pictures of the progress tomorrow.

There's a good chance I could be working on rebuilding the block this weekend.

nice build man. makes me consider wanting to do a swap in my car...I do have an f22b1 laying in my garage everything but the axles....hmmmmmmm...maybe one day. either way good build I will for sure be watching the progress

Last edited:
Updates! With pics.

Alright, finally got out to the shop to take some pics of what I've done so far. Didn't get a chance to work on it today as I've been busy with my senior project for school.
Anyway here we go:
JE 8.8:1 forged pistons :)

Inside the shop that my dad and I built, its really bright and should be excellent for paint and body work.

A look at the lighting. Pictures don't really do this justice. Its really bright in there.
And yes, thats a heating duct above the center row of lights, its heated :)

Toolboxes and rolling shelves.

Heres where she sits. Awaiting some TLC.
[img=http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/8742/1000108rx3.th.jpg]
No radiator, or any body panels.

Interior is all tore apart awaiting gauge install and new ECU.

My temporary workbench

Yes, everything is bagged and labeled. I hate losing nuts and bolts.

Sensors and wiring harness labeled for installation ease.

A look at the lean-to side of the shop. Mostly for storage right now. Thats my dads 1956 Ford F100 project on the left, and the Bayliner Capri in the back. Most of my parts are somewhere in the mix. :)

Thats all for now! I'll post up more pictures every time I make major progress, or buy new stuff :)
The shop is really making things easier. Thanks for looking.
-Matts96HB

Just for clarification purposes and to help you find the correct ecu.... 96-98 civic wiring harness (ecu side) will use an obd2a ecu. 99-00 civics will use an obd2b ecu. If you keep your stock engine harness, find the correct ecu or you will end up spending more money on a jumper harness.

Just for clarification purposes and to help you find the correct ecu.... 96-98 civic wiring harness (ecu side) will use an obd2a ecu. 99-00 civics will use an obd2b ecu. If you keep your stock engine harness, find the correct ecu or you will end up spending more money on a jumper harness.

I'm confused as to what you are talking about.

I already have an obd2a>obd1 jumper harness for tuning with the turbocharger installed.

I'll be running CROME.

More progress, don't have the camera right now so pics will have to wait till tomorrow.

Got the engine apart, wiring run for the gauges. Also got the interior pulled out, ready for cleaning on the carpets, new fuel pump, wiring for amplifiers.

I'm really happy with how everything is going right now, I figured this would be a mess with all the things that are coming apart at once, but its going really smoothly.

Update. Here's pics of how the car sits right now.

Engine out, stripped, ready for honing and new internals.
IMAGE_00013.jpg

A look down the cylinders. I can't lie, this engine was exactly what jdmonline said it would be, low miles. You can still see the factory crosshatching. No scoring whatsoever. Even after almost a year of me driving it and almost 10,000 miles more than when I got it.
IMAGE_00014.jpg

How the interior sits right now. Still trying to decide on what I'm going to do with the interior.
IMAGE_00015.jpg

Gauges in, and wired up. I like the way they look. I need to find a spot for the boost gauge.
IMAGE_00016.jpg

The engine bay. Needs a good cleaning and it will be getting repainted. New sheeth for all the wiring, and a wiring tuck if I can stop being such a lazy ass.
IMAGE_00017.jpg

This is where the core support meets the chassis on the drivers side of the car. What a bitch this was. Don't hit things. Trees and cars dont mix.
IMAGE_00018.jpg

B16 transmission laying off to the side. New clutch and flywheel are in order.
IMAGE_00020.jpg

The workspace. Clean and organized. Thats the only way to be :)
IMAGE_00021.jpg

More updates soon as the new core support will be going on.

nice progress. I got an idea for your interior. two racing seats a mid brace, and 5 point harnesses. thats all you really need!

Back