Matts96HB's EJ6 Build

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

You are right about the cost. But the street driven car I dont know about that, from what I see on the pictures that car wont be a street car.

Yeah the carpet and stuff will be going back in. This car will be driven as long as the weather is nice, and I'm not going somewhere shady (where it could be stolen again.)

As for the K20, it would be impractical for my power goal and budget. To reach the 300 whp mark with a k20 I'd need some sort of forced induction or a highly built N/A engine, and I dont have that kind of dough.

For the cost of the k-series swap he could probably hit 500 horses. By the way if he really wanted the 2 liter motor there is always the direct swap b20. Actually I don't know the limits of the b-series but he could probably almost hit 500 horses with the motor he has now if he built the head and turned the boost way up.

Man my boosted k20 on my 07 civic si put down 403whp with the AJP turbokit @ 8PSI and that thing flies! hitting 12s! It would easily hit 11s on an EK.

As for the K20, it would be impractical for my power goal and budget. To reach the 300 whp mark with a k20 I'd need some sort of forced induction or a highly built N/A engine, and I dont have that kind of dough.

Arent you gonna go LS-T??

For the cost of the k-series swap he could probably hit 500 horses. By the way if he really wanted the 2 liter motor there is always the direct swap b20. Actually I don't know the limits of the b-series but he could probably almost hit 500 horses with the motor he has now if he built the head and turned the boost way up.

I most definately could hit 500 hp, and I do plan on reaching a number close to that when I get a seperate block to build outside of the car. 500 hp would require sleeving and decent headwork. I'd be scared to reach a number like that on stock sleeves.

Updates.

Front end is all mocked up, and sitting correctly. Mild tweaking needed to get things perfect. I'm very happy with the way it looks. (Sorry the front lip is off, I completely forgot to put it back on!)
IMAGE_00036.jpg

A slightly different angle, just so you can see down the side, everything is lining up decently.
IMAGE_00037.jpg

I'll have more progress tomorrow. Starting to think about how to do the wire tuck, hopefully wont have to cut and extend too much!

I trust it if its a large company with a high feedback rating and what not.

I bought my pistons & rods from these same people, I trust that everything will be correct.

Yes, I am still working on the EK.

Updates are coming soon, and they will be massive since I haven't really had time to take pictures.

Engine rebuild is under way. Here's a parts list for you all:
-New OEM rod bearings
-New OEM main and thrust bearings
-New OEM gasket set
-New Cometic Head Gasket
-ARP Head studs
-JE Pistons
-Eagle Rods
-ARP Rod Bolts
-Crower "Stage 2" turbo cams
-Crower valve springs and retainers
-Hone (done at home)
-Gasket match head and intake manifold (done at home)
-New OEM water pump
-New TopLine high performance oil pump
-New OEM timing belt
-New alternator belt

I have also started on modifying things for the wire tuck. It's going to be a simple tuck, no battery or fusebox relocation, just simply hiding the wiring.

I'll post up pics soon, just wanted to let you all know that I am still working on the car. Its alot of work.

drive down to colorado I'll be your camera man mainly just cause I wanna ride in your car and see if I should swap a b-series in my car. lol But still

Back