1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

max boring limit?

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by boston-sol77, Mar 8, 2008.

1. boston-sol77

boston-sol77 New Member

its probly already been answered but i searched for it and couldnt find it so i got a b18c1 block and i want to bore the thing out but i dont feel like having the pistons on this thing running on the coolant ports lol. anyone know a SAFE boring limit i was hoping to do .020 over. but if i can go more then i will as long as i know im not gonna pop my block....

2. Luis998

Luis998 Honda Enthusiast

Let me ask you this, what are your goals for this build?

3. boston-sol77

boston-sol77 New Member

well my goals numbers wise isnt really there im just hoping to build a sick na engine but i do have hopes for a turbo later but i do plan out boring the engine either way. i was planning on doing .020 over but i was wondering if someone would say to go more cuz the last thing i wanna do is spend all that money on boring to only find out i could have gone more. yea ill do 20 over. what im hoping to do depending on the money is bore and sleeve the block. i have the engine totally dissassembled so i wanna build this thing to holy hell before i throw it in my del sol and get too lazy to take it back out lol.

4. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Stock sleeve NA = 1mm over
    Stock sleeve boost = .5mm over

Resleeved boost = 5mm over

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted