Max Speed of 1992 Civic DX?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

|Chaz|

VIP
I'm just wondering, but does anyone know what a 1992 Civic DX maxes out at? I've looked around a little bit and I can't find any numbers, cause lets face it, no one is going to check or care what the max speed of a stock 1992 Civic DX is. Doesn't mean I'm not curious though.

I'm just wondering, but does anyone know what a 1992 Civic DX maxes out at? I've looked around a little bit and I can't find any numbers, cause lets face it, no one is going to check or care what the max speed of a stock 1992 Civic DX is. Doesn't mean I'm not curious though.
well what does the speedo say

I think it safely goes 88mph. Be careful though, because if my calculations are correct, when that sucker reaches 88 mph, you’re going to see some serious shit!

great_scott_400.png

88mph? I'd have to disagree with you there... Really look at the speedo, I didn't think it was that simple. I just assumed that the speedo didn't represent the top speed of the car.

88mph? I'd have to disagree with you there... Really look at the speedo, I didn't think it was that simple. I just assumed that the speedo didn't represent the top speed of the car.
theres no way to know if the car goes faster than the speedo says unless you clock it with a radar gun or time lights

idk if its the same with hondas but with nissan the ecu could be looked up on the internet and it had a set top speed with each diff. ecu.

I know the gearing in my CX trans with my minime swap maxes out at 255mph at 7800RPM in 5th.... not that it has enough power to get past the 120 on the speedo.....

Seriously? Did you not understand the Back to the Future reference?

He was kidding...

Sorry, I'm too young to get it. : / I've only seen a few of the back to the future movies.

Sorry, I'm too young to get it. : / I've only seen a few of the back to the future movies.

You only need to see one of them to get it. They accelerate the car, to 88 miles per hour, and then it travels through time...no?

Well, anyway, I'm sure the picture I posted probably seems a little less random now...

Too young for Back to the Future? No one is ever to young for that movie. I suggest you go to video store immediately.

ex/si's in 5th gen are electronically limited to 112 mph (true, not indicated)
dx's are certainly less than that... probably 106

Ive got a 93 CX with the GSR swap (not that it's related) and I've never hit a cut of any kind, is that normal? Ive gotten the car up to about 135 or so on the interstate over Mobile bay during the week at about 1AM =P

how old are u

I'm 17, although now that you mention it I do faintly remember the 88 mph thing. My parents used to watch those movies so I sorta remember what they were like. I just don't know which ones I've seen.

Dct5289 said:
I've got a 93 CX with the GSR swap (not that it's related) and I've never hit a cut of any kind, is that normal? Ive gotten the car up to about 135 or so on the interstate over Mobile bay during the week at about 1AM =P

I can't imagine it being very stable at 135mph...

Back