1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Max whp on stock b18b with turbo?

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by MarkJimenez99, Dec 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MarkJimenez99

MarkJimenez99 Senior Member

I have a greddy kit with intercooler on my b18b. The engine is completely stock. It has about 30,000 miles. The turbo is a TD05-186. I plan on buying some 450cc DSM injectors or higher before I tune. I think I'm going to go with a hondata and ditch the blue box.

What's the highest whp do you think I can achieve with the stock block? I plan on upgrading everything in the engine bay including internals but not for awhile. Right now everything in the engine bay is completely stock incuding the radiator <_< I also want it to run reliably and smooth.

Any thoughts or feedback would be great.

Thanks

2. NotUrAverage_Si

NotUrAverage_Si Senior Member

why DSM injectors? just get some RC's

As for your stock motor holding up, just boost low until you get someone to properly tune your car with hondata.

3. NotUrAverage_Si

NotUrAverage_Si Senior Member

wait is the kit even on your car yet? or do you just have it chillin in your closet, like me.

4. SolReaver

SolReaver Senior Member

good call. dont listen to the haters who say dsm injectors suck, everything they claim is hearsay and i've never seen any facts as to why dsm 450's "suck"

if you want to save a few bucks, forget hondata and get uberdata. its free and i have a 250 whp tune on 10 psi on a stock block that i can send you. :)

people are making any where from 280 whp-300 whp on a stock block, generally around 12-15 psi

5. MarkJimenez99

Yes, I definitely want to save some bucks. Yeah, I already have the turbo kit installed in my car.

I've never heard of uberdata. What's that? How can I get it for free? Yeah, that would be nice of you if you could send me the program. Can you elaborate more on this?

I'm on a budget right now and 250 whp sounds very sweet.

6. MarkJimenez99

Why dsm injectors? Because they're damn cheap and they work, buddy. :lol: Like I said, if I can save money, I will.

7. SolPWR

SolPWR Senior Member

:bo: :bo: :bo: Thats the funniest thing ever. I know three other people like this including myself

8. LSTurboCivic4DR

LSTurboCivic4DR Junior Member

I am a turbo kit in the closet person also, hehe, i guess we all have dreams, and in our closet they are being built peice by peice as our money comes in, at least that is how it is for me. All i need is my Zdyne, and I am good! Anyway, I am very interested in what kind of power people are getting, I have a b18b running OBD0, I have a t3/t04e standard.48/.63 w/57 Trim wheel, and all the goods along with it and will rund a ZDyne Gold with DSM 450's to Start. Anyone done a simaler build??????? How much power? I was told to expect around 240whp at about 8psi. Also, think about this whole dsm vs. RC thing...
    DSM = CHEAP, And a fine mist spray for a street car
    RC = Disk type, steady stream only suitable for racing, not a good injector to run around town with.
    Look at www.zdyne.com and see what they have to say about DSM's compared to RC's, I have RC 550cc injectors (4) and am not even going to use them!

9. SolReaver

SolReaver Senior Member

that is quite possibly the dumbest thing i have ever heard

about 5000 guys on honda-tech alone use rc's on their daily driven cars

10. 92civicb18b1

92civicb18b1 The Trisexual

yup, i got peices of my turbo in the closet..except the intercooler (didnt wanna bend any fins).

Anyway, Ive heard that a revhard manifold, t3 turbo, good fmic intercooler, dsm injectors, uberdata, dsm blow off valve, tial wastegate, set to about 9-10 psi can push the whp to 240+ and torque to like 190. I'm a hoping to get at least that....190 lbs of torque really throw u in ur seat and can pull a 2300 pound car pretty nice

11. Joseph Davis

Joseph Davis Member

Why RC injectors? Just get some Lucas.

12. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

Yup. I'm one of them too. I've been running RC Engineering injectors on the street pretty much since day 1.

13. (Turbo_SIR-2_405)

(Turbo_SIR-2_405) New Member

Good or Bad Idea

I have a stock jdm b16with like 90,000 miles can i turbo the stock b16 with only turbo kit, hondata s200b , and 550 rc injectors and a fuel pump at like 9-10 psi safely and a good tune job???? I wand to know Cause im kinda new to the honda scene.. I want other peoples opinions on what i should do to the motor like cams, intake manni or block guard Ect.. Any Response Would Greatly Be Appriciated.

14. HonCiv99

HonCiv99 EK Swappa

First of all, dead thread. Second, don't thread jack start your own! Thank you.

15. rich's 92 hatch

rich's 92 hatch New Member

both of those injectors are good enuff to run i bought a set of 1000'cc for my build t4/67 turbo on my stock b16 and ill be running s300 the tuning software will be be as the person tuning is.
    i am glad i am close to evans tuning

16. |Chaz|

|Chaz| Well-Known Member VIP

Stop bumping old threads.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.