May 19th Cant Come Soon Enough

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reikoshea

HS Troll...And Mod
VIP
Okay, usually the only book i ever have in my hand is a Haynes manual, but i got the urge to read the DaVinci code (okay actually the new girl mentioned it, and i took it upon myself to read it)...Its Fucking insane...if you havent read it and you have either a 6th grade vocabulary or access to dictionary.com, id recommend reading it before you see the movie this summer. I havent read a book cover to cover since Lord of the Flies (senior year in high school), but i COULD NOT stop reading this thing...kinda makes you change the way you look at life....that is if you know which parts are fact and which are fiction.

its also nice because the chapters are short! those who dont read much will feel they accomplished something.

im waiting for it to come out as well.

agreed. best book i've read in a while.

also angels and demons (the prequel) is great too.
and deception point... pretty much all dan brown books rule. i bet he gets mad play

While I haven't read the book, and dont care to: the author is a compete asshat. He tries to tell everyone he found the "truth" and *all* of it is real. There have been so many more idiots before him, making all this crap up. But maybe I'm just mad because I dont go around lying and getting rich off silly myths :shrug2: .

the book is awesome, outlines some of the thoughts and theories ive had about the christian religion in the last few years.
its fictional as in its a novel, but all the info it contains is non fictional. i mean there are theories in the book but the info they use to come up with the theories is valid.

i was kinda dissapointed with the ending though :cry:

:werd: The book was fucking badass, but I read it so long ago. I'll have to read it again before I see the movie.

YEAH I LIKED THE BOOK. TOM HANKS would be a perfect role for the main actor, did i mention im selling a car in the selling section. pictures. too :)

Glad to see all of you are enjoying "literature". That book isn't actually any good, the arguments are shitty, but hey, like Harry Potter its fun to read, must be awsome huh?

I actually liked Angels and Demons better. And I got the Davinci Code for like $10 in softcover in Sweden. Did it ever come out in soft cover in the states?

Quoted post[/post]]
Glad to see all of you are enjoying "literature". That book isn't actually any good, the arguments are shitty, but hey, like Harry Potter its fun to read, must be awsome huh?

theres gotta be 1 elitist asshole in every thread

wether you like it or not the fact that its sold a bajillion copies solidifies it as a good book.

im sure your personal library is full of books that would make any creative writing and literature major proud, but we dont give a shit.

thanks.

:werd: I havent read a whole lot of books since high school, but im dating someone who is VERY well read, and it kinda kills the convo if i havent read the books she is talking about....so now i have a long reading list. I figure in the end, it will help me more than hurt me.

sorry about my last post, but im just tired of people trashing shit because its lack of being, i dunno, "technical"

a book being defined as classic literature doesnt necessarily mean its a good book. it doesnt matter how well written it is if its not fun to read then its a shitty book. if you cant finish the book out of boredom then its not a good book.
same as music, some of the most technical music is not pleasing to the ears. then theres some real simple bullshit that sounds great and is fun to listen to.

Quoted post[/post]]
a book being defined as classic literature doesnt necessarily mean its a good book. it doesnt matter how well written it is if its not fun to read then its a shitty book.
:concur: :withstupid: A prime example = Of Mice and Men I HATE that book with the burning passion of a hundred thousand fires. :puke: :puke:

I enjoy a good book once and a while, and I read well - but I abhor Charles Dickens. With a Passion. In 11th grade English Honors, we read 4 of his works - Oliver Twist, Great Expectations, Tale of Two Cities, David Copperfield. With the exception of Book III or Tale of Two Cities, everything else is crap.

But nothing compares to Pride and Prejudice. Never before have I wanted to kill myself via pencil.

Currently reading...Chassis Engineering by Adams.

My senior research paper was on Tale of Two Cities, Great Expectations and Charles Dickens....yeah, that was 11 pages of BS that i still got an A on. MWAHAHAHAHA

Back