May 21st

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I bet it's the price of gas for the STI..... :laugh:

ehh, i don't even look at the price. i go to the store, put my card in and tank up when i need gas. nothing more. when it stops, it stops.

i think i just don't want to wake up at the crack of dawn...

well, if you decide you want to go, lmk and i will bleep you uncontrollably.

I sort of understand how you feel B. I live about an hour away, so it's a 10-11 hour day for 5 minutes of seat time. Then after you get home and get the car unpacked, you realize you have to work the next day.

The track events are great. Matt, Jong and I went to Pocono last week. As much seat time as you want. Here's a clip of my timed run:

pocono

About an 8 MB download and you'll need Quicktime to view it.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
someone blew their motor :p

and someone came in last place at the last autocross :p

yeah, my brakes were stuck. all new bleeders and guide pins solved that problem.

You going tomorrow? I'm not sure yet. The track events kind of spoil you with respect to the amount of seat time you get. Lots of fun.

dont know :cry: depends on how i feel. going out to celebrate my big promotion tonight, plus if its going to rain i wont want to work after the event. yeah, gotta do some server upgrades at some point - remotely :)

Ya know, it's not so much the seat time or the drive (I'm 5 min from the lot)... It's the people.

I really don't like the way things are run.
I hate waiting around for 3 hours to hear the same introduction every week... That should be a novice thing only or something, and it should be before hand. Make the novices get there a half hour early or something.
I rush (because I hate mornings) to get there for 8am, unload my crap out of the car, register and tech... and then sit on my ass for 2 hours. 2 hours I could have slept in.... or 2 hours that those farther away could leave their homes at a more reasonable time.

I would really like to see the guys in charge going to a DGtrails event.
Put on by a bunch of 20-somethings, it's safe, no waiting around for ever in the pits, and the staff is there to help out.

I dunno, i'm rambling....

All i know is that i haven't been there yet this season, and i'm kinda wondering why i paid my membership dues....

The thing I hated about things at DOW was how they run the field. The tech inspection sucks (unless you have JDM body shit then you can run without floorboards) and I hate the staged lines thing. "cars to the line" is never a problem at drift events because everyone is totally hopped up on redbull and oxycotins. I love the whole morning routine at autox - time to set up, hangout and talk to folks while the dedicated inspectors come around, grab a sammich and coffee, listen to the spiel (It's what, 1.5 minutes?) and then wander around the track.

However, if I hear any more shit about "What if the cone flies up in the air and lands on the box" I'm punching someone.

i dont mind the wait so much. im one of those (besides chip) that has a distance to drive in the morning. i use it to either relax, eat, or tighten shit up on the car.

Back