May8th Drfit is back

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

OUT

that weekend i have to go to jersey city to see my grandma :( sorry ji.

Fuckin' A. Can I still crash at your place? Hey, IM me Micha's number... I'll see if he wants to go.

Hey Clayton, I was thinking of following you back to your place Saturday after the event and helping you out with your projects. S'coo?

Sat night we are going to be dead friggen tired from the sun, wind, tire smoke, and cranking steering wheels all day long....it really is hard on your body.....

The sunday after that, I won't be able to pick up a wrench or even bend over a hood of a car.....

Some of us know what I'm talking about, about being beat....from the drifts we did last year, and the PA trip....most of us, after dinner just passed out for the night....

Auto crossing is a little different because the adrinalin is there to help move the steering wheel...drift there is little adrinalin, and a ton of fear....for some....(cel)...hehe

I'm at the point to where I was trying to hard, but then I called and talked to one of the guys who run DGTA, and he told me the finer secrets...and I am still working on it, but it works, so now I am just along for the ride....until I spin out....hehe

As for help on the projects...the only thing holding me up is the lack of parts, or the money to buy parts..when I need muscel and whench turning help, I'll throw a BBQ, and now the weather is getting good,...the BBQ's this year are going to rock.

The reason I'm complaining about being broke...is I'm not really broke...to an extent, but money needs to go for a house first, then car's.....

Okay... so no possibility of a BBQ on the night of May 8th then? Well on to plan B... it just would be cool since Loco will be around, that we all could get together that night to chill out.

I'm not sure if we would get back to the AJ garage in time to prep a BBQ, and besides...BBQ after a full morning, day, and evening of driving, then driving harder.....although it would be cool, just too much effort to plan on a busy day.

now getting back to the garage, order a pizza, and chill with some nice refreshing (or brain-numbing) drink...I'm all over that.

See, the thing is Clayton... you're 285 miles south of me. I don't mind coming down, but I'm not going to drive five hours for a few slices of pizza and some booze... No worries, though. I just figured I'd see what was up, becauase you mentioned working on projects if the drift didn't happen.

I also expect someone to break something on their car at the drift event... and then want to have it fixed the next day on Sunday. ;)

Your welcome to come down anytime..... ;)

The projects are in work at all times....unless I have no parts, then I work on the next thing possible....I got the Z on the road again today, it still needs a clutch and a throw-out bearing, but it drives....I'm no longer down to one car :) ....the AE86 swap will be easy as cake, once I locate the next soon-to-be-toast-motor :) The CRX will just have to take a normal engine that's not built for boost...but it should last for a while.

And if you did come down, I would make you stay a few days anyways....so your trip wouldn't be wasted.... :ph34r:

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Apr 27 2004, 03:25 PM
I also expect someone to break something on their car at the drift event... and then want to have it fixed the next day on Sunday. ;)

I break shit even without drifting.... ;)

I also break wind alot :blink:

lol... So I'm going to be held against my will? Well, how about the following weekend, then? I do have things to do M-F, so I can't stay beyond Sunday afternoon...

I still thing you should drop a 3S-GTE in the Honkey-Roku. ;)

Welllll..

The 3S-GTE is capable of about 600 HP on stock internals with a head gasket swap. In stock form, delivers 200 HP/ TQ (US spec) and 225 HP/ TQ (JDM, y0!). The JDM engine has a ceramic turbine, whereas the US has a steel turbine. The JDM engine doesn't have an EGR system, while the US does. Maximum power you'll see with the stock turbo is 265 HP, and no more. You'll see full boost by 2500 RPM or so with the stock turbo. The engine can be had for $1460 shipped from Nippon Motors. Toyota got 980 HP out of it in their Pikes Peak Hill Climb cars. Rod Millen set the Pikes Peak open class record in an AllTrac powered by the 3S-GTE. JGTC Supras use the engine because it's just as potent as the 2JZ, but weighs almost half and is able to completely sit behind the front axle. It's a bit on the heavy side as far as 2000cc engines go, at around 225- 250 lbs or so, but would make the car a bit more stable while drifting. Cast iron block, aluminum head, variable geometry intake manifold, piston oil sprayers, and a Wu-Tang block girdle of death.

This engine is the most hairy- chested 4 banger ever produced. If I were to build a no- compromises race car around an engine, it would be this engine.

Holy crap!!! That's sounds like an amazing engine. It's almost enough to tempt me to own a Toyota... and that's saying a lot coming from me. Wowzer. :eek:

*massive drooling*

Back