maybe found a loophole

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mintoxik

so back to this timing thing i have to d15b8 block z6 head i've read that you need the z6 timing belt right??? because of the tooth difference or w/e but what if i took the cam gear from my b8 and put it on my z6 ???? would it work ?

*smack* No short cuts! Get an aftermarket cam gear so that you will be able to adjust the timing properly. :D

What's the loophole?

Yes, use a Z6 timing belt. It's pointless to use an adjustable cam gear if the belt itself is too tight. I've never heard of timing issues except for cam swaps and milled heads.

the loophole would be not having to change the timing belt but just changeing the cam gear to change the tooth difference because the d15 has 103 teeth and the z6 has 104 so changing the cam gear and putting on my d15 would eliminate changing the belt thus makeing my life easier it was just an idiea
and the question wasnt using an adjustiable cam gear it would be swaping stock gears

In that case: All D-series cam gears are the same minus the DOHC ones and the 96 and up ones!

88-95=PM3B cam gears. Not sure about the number on the 96-00 D16Y's, but they have a half-tooth difference.

right, basically you won't be able to get the right tension on the belt.

it has nothing to do with the actual teeth/spacing.... just the ammount of them in the total length of the belt

Back