Mazda 6 For My Si

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by Calesta+Jan 2 2003, 04:59 PM-->
rixXxceboy
@Jan 2 2003, 03:39 PM
just remember...they don't make cars as good and as reliable as they used to.  ;)

Says who?

yea, im an old rixxxcedaddy :)

speaking to everyone in general....

the reliability of newer cars isn't as good as it was 10-15 years ago due to all the new computers,sensors, emmissions bullshit. i know a lady who drives a 2000 toyota celica gt-s (sw33t!) and she takes very good care of it, but it died once on the freeway already cause of a malfunctioning air mass sensor. thats just an example.

anyway...i dont think the new cars will last 389,000 miles like my rex has... with no rebuilds :) and still runs like new

Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Jan 3 2003, 03:36 PM
anyway...i dont think the new cars will last 389,000 miles like my rex has... with no rebuilds :) and still runs like new

You're probably right... but I'm sure some of the fact that most people don't even drive their cars 100k miles factored in when engineering made some of their shortcuts and complexity additions.

:D

Originally posted by Calesta+Jan 2 2003, 06:38 PM-->
Originally posted by asmallsol@Jan 2 2003, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Calesta@Jan 2 2003, 04:59 PM
rixXxceboy
just remember...they don't make cars as good and as reliable as they used to.  ;)

Says who?

do you ever listen to old people, if Gabe says "Back in my day, it snowed every day in the summer and we had to walk to school naked uphill both ways" then it is probally true. Respect your elders :lol: :D

Is he older? I doubt it. :p :D

I thought he was talking about Mazdas, not cars in general... I figured Mazda's quality has actually gone up a notch, along with the rest of the auto industry. Well, maybe not Daewoo.

quote quote quote quote quote quote quote quote quote

:lol:

Holy fuck d00d. This is almost 3 months old.

y0 B, we need to have topics auto lock after so long.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Jan 2 2003, 06:10 PM

do you ever listen to old people, if Gabe says "Back in my day, it snowed every day in the summer and we had to walk to school naked uphill both ways" then it is probally true. Respect your elders :lol: :D

Amen. Respect us. we could prob. teach you all a thing or two about how shit is and was.....

Originally posted by Silver94Teg@Jan 2 2003, 08:45 PM
Why get the mazda 6 when there's the Altima and 7th Gen Accord. Both of which are faster and most likely built better. :)

Not true.

The Mazda 6 is going to be the new beast on the block.

They redesigned it to look sportier and made it sportier.

Originally posted by rixXxceboy+Jan 3 2003, 04:36 PM-->
rixXxceboy

Says who?

the reliability of newer cars isn't as good as it was 10-15 years ago due to all the new computers,sensors, emmissions bullshit. i know a lady who drives a 2000 toyota celica gt-s (sw33t!) and she takes very good care of it, but it died once on the freeway already cause of a malfunctioning air mass sensor. thats just an example.

Sorry but I call bullshit on that.

Sheer statistics.

New cars = more reliable than old cars.

...its just now a days the trend is to get a new car every 2-3 years.

but they certainly are more reliable.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Mar 24 2003, 05:53 PM-->
Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Jan 3 2003, 04:36 PM
rixXxceboy

Says who?

Sheer statistics.

i call bullshit on Y0U

first off and foremost, "older" cars have the advantage of being able to prove themselves to the world over the years, so we can
distinguish which ones are more reliable than the others.

Second of all, from what i remember, the first year or two of a NEW car design are USUALLY the worst two years of the car types existence.
usually. not always.....

and if you doubt me......check up on your good friends Ford, errr i mean Mazda

haha

Originally posted by karnash+Mar 24 2003, 08:00 PM-->
Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Mar 24 2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by rixXxceboy@Jan 3 2003, 04:36 PM
rixXxceboy

Says who?

Sheer statistics.

i call bullshit on Y0U

first off and foremost, "older" cars have the advantage of being able to prove themselves to the world over the years, so we can
distinguish which ones are more reliable than the others.

Second of all, from what i remember, the first year or two of a NEW car design are USUALLY the worst two years of the car types existence.
usually. not always.....

and if you doubt me......check up on your good friends Ford, errr i mean Mazda

haha

Uh...i said nothing about a friend's car. If that was an attempt at a joke it went right over my head because i have no idea what you're talking about.

And I can give a shit less if you call bullshit on me or not.

Its not very hard to ask my parents or grandparents what cars were like and how they changed. Its also not incredibley hard to look up statistics.

Newer cars need less repairs, are more reliable, and more efficient.

Sure some old cars may last and be good but so will newer cars.

Take a friggin honda for example, good for 250,000+ miles right? How many old cars did that? Theres a reason why you can sell cars with 100,000+ miles in America now and you couldn't as easily in previous years. ;)

Originally posted by BlackJDMdeath@Mar 24 2003, 07:37 PM
you sound quite sure of yourself considering you're "new to the car scene"

It also has a shitload to do with business and marketing which I just happen to be quite good at. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back