1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mazda Millenia

Discussion in 'Other Vehicle Discussions' started by SolPWR, Mar 7, 2004.

1. SolPWR

SolPWR Senior Member

I was wondering if the Mazda Millenia S was a good engine to mod? 210hp isnt all that bad its a stock SC. I was also wondering if this is the same enigne as those Thunderbird Supercoupes, cause Ford&Mazda and the have the same HP rating except the Tq and Tbird is RWD.

2. whiteLS

whiteLS Senior Member

i dont thing there the same the mazda is 2.3L and the tbird is 3.8, thats a prety big difference to be the same block

3. ChrisSiR

ChrisSiR Senior Member

BIG difference in motors.... its like night and day.... i dont see how the millenia S is very modable (altho i could be wrong) the pulley on the SC is pretty tough to get to, i think those motors are called "Miller Cycle" motors or somthing along those lines.... i'd search the internet to see if anyone mods them, your better off moding a super coupe....

4. Dman1100

Dman1100 Senior Member

miller cycle requires boost because the intake valve stays open a little while on the compression stroke and it puts more air into the cylinder

5. ebjelke

ebjelke New Member

i would highly advise against that. the 2.3L engine is a Miller Cycle. it is the only car to EVER use that engine. parts are very rare and expensive. i have the 2.5 L non supercharged millenia and its hard enough with my car.

6. Airjockie

Airjockie Watanabe Whore!!!

welcome to HS, now spill your brains on what you know...and keep posting...:p

7. Celerity

Celerity Well-Known Member

Ahhh nice thread.

Yeah, I would like to chime in to reinforce everything said here. The Miller Cycle engine is a completely different engine than you're used to. It's not a SC, really blah blah.

-> Steve

Good work, my minions !

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted