Mazda Millenia

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SolPWR

I was wondering if the Mazda Millenia S was a good engine to mod? 210hp isnt all that bad its a stock SC. I was also wondering if this is the same enigne as those Thunderbird Supercoupes, cause Ford&Mazda and the have the same HP rating except the Tq and Tbird is RWD.

i dont thing there the same the mazda is 2.3L and the tbird is 3.8, thats a prety big difference to be the same block

Originally posted by SolPWR@Mar 7 2004, 11:25 AM
I was wondering if the Mazda Millenia S was a good engine to mod? 210hp isnt all that bad its a stock SC. I was also wondering if this is the same enigne as those Thunderbird Supercoupes, cause Ford&Mazda and the have the same HP rating except the Tq and Tbird is RWD.

BIG difference in motors.... its like night and day.... i dont see how the millenia S is very modable (altho i could be wrong) the pulley on the SC is pretty tough to get to, i think those motors are called "Miller Cycle" motors or somthing along those lines.... i'd search the internet to see if anyone mods them, your better off moding a super coupe....

miller cycle requires boost because the intake valve stays open a little while on the compression stroke and it puts more air into the cylinder

i would highly advise against that. the 2.3L engine is a Miller Cycle. it is the only car to EVER use that engine. parts are very rare and expensive. i have the 2.5 L non supercharged millenia and its hard enough with my car.

Ahhh nice thread.

Yeah, I would like to chime in to reinforce everything said here. The Miller Cycle engine is a completely different engine than you're used to. It's not a SC, really blah blah.

-> Steve

Good work, my minions !

Back