Mazda Rotary Sitting Around

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

JDMH22Integra

Got a spare Mazda rotary engine I was going to put in my samurai(4x4, not bike)... now the samurai is gone, and I've still got the rotary... any know if it will fit in a Metro hatch?

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 20 2004, 09:53 PM
dude, bad ass.. 13b metro would dessimate all at race wars :D
do it.

:withstupid:

That thing will be light as fuck and will corner like mad... you will own like no one has ever owned before.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 20 2004, 09:53 PM
dude, bad ass.. 13b metro would dessimate all at race wars :D
do it.

DO IT! :lmao:

I've always wanted to build a surprise beater... Metro and Yugo plans have always jumped around in my head.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:thumbsup:

the rotary powered metro has been a dream of mine for a while now

DO IT

Damn. I wouldn't even want to try to integrate another engine into the Insight's IMA system. Reprogramming the whole hybrid drivetrain system to compensate for the different engine wouldn't be fun.

insight = 60+ mpg
rotary engine = maybe 20 mpg

rotary engine in an insight = not what i bought the insight for

turbo + insight = 40% increase in power and 20% increase in milage..... now THAT looks like a much better idea :)

:werd:

Turbo the Insight! I just wonder how the ECM would handle that though, since the gas engine's power output would be quite different from stock.

Have you seen the NOS equipped Insight in Houston? There are pictures of it all over the place. It's pretty funny... green with a crazy custom paint job on top, and some badass mural on the hood.

my autoshop teacher has an old rotary, maybe i'll ask him if it's any good and if he'll sell it.

Back