Mazda Sucks

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EXtremeAccord

How can Mazda make a 2.3L 4-cyl with VVT and push 160hp and Honda make the same size engine with freaking .... over 200... Doesn't the corporation realize it would make more money catering to the tuners who like HP as opposed to gas mileage?

Let the flaming commense.

p.s. 40nd4 owns

Originally posted by EXtremeAccord@Nov 25 2004, 09:04 PM
How can Mazda make a 2.3L 4-cyl with VVT and push 160hp and Honda make the same size engine with freaking .... over 200... Doesn't the corporation realize it would make more money catering to the tuners who like HP as opposed to gas mileage?

p.s. 40nd4 owns
[post=422292]Quoted post[/post]​

Bottom line Mazda has made a big step forward with tuners.
from turbo cars to rotery motors.

honda has done nothing but STEP BACK they fucked up the civic and integra
both are total shit in their current form.

S2000 still isnt too shabby but how many people "tuners" even more so on this board would buy a S2000? they dream about it but hahaha it just doesnt happen.

well mazda has done a great job keeping fun in mind with all of their cars. The miata, rx8, and 6 all handle very well. Yea, they are not the fastest cars in straight lines, but try racing a mustang on a road course vs the rx8. Same thing with the miata vs most hondas. Sorry, to say mazda sucks is just stupid.

Originally posted by EXtremeAccord@Nov 25 2004, 09:04 PM

p.s. 40nd4 owns
[post=422292]Quoted post[/post]​

They're tuning their cars for torque and driveability, unlike Honda motors I'll bet that torque curve on that 2.3 is a very nice curve.

160 hp out of a 1.6 and 200 out of a 2.0 is fine, if you like revving out the bajesus everytime you want to see that peak power.

VVT? honda is using variable valve lift to make most of the power, and they have just added VVT to the engines(the i is for VVT) that already have VVL/VTEC. btw, how much torque does it make? it could be like the nissan sentra se-r's engine; the hp is around 160 but it has like 180lb torque.

Originally posted by brian11to1@Nov 25 2004, 10:28 PM
I would never step foot into a Mazda Dealership... just couldnt bring myself to it.

Mazda = :thumbsdown:
Honda - :thumbsup:
[post=422327]Quoted post[/post]​

Honda = S2000, SI, RSX....
Mazda = RX8, Turbo MX5 and a Turbo 6 thats going to try and hang with the EVO and STI

Honda USA sucks dick sure they have the S2000 but anyone in here who likes torque... well you know how that goes.

Now when talking about modding a car as in engine swaps and turbo kits then sure honda is by far the best company out there to do that but when it comes to selling NEW cars it's the last thing on the car companies minds. I mean come on what % of new honda buyers buy a new car to swap a motor into it?

Almost every one of the major car company > Honda by a long shot

Mazda, Turbo MX5, Turbo 6, and RX8
Mitsu, EVO
Nissan 350Z/SER
Subi, WRX/STI/That wagon thing

Honda...... well they have a pos SI and an S2000 sure we could argue the NSX being honda but I'm not bring a $60+K car into the picture

p.s the RSX-S isnt a bad all around car but when put up to any of the other cars - the SER it looks pretty sad

I agree that not all car manufacters cant sell just on performance but I agree that a 2.3 should make a little more than 160hp. Even with the new mazdaspeed miata should put out more, like around 200. Most of you say that they try to sell to the normal buyer but look at the trend SRT-4, STi, EVO, MX5T, SVTfocus, SE-R, ION redline, Cobalt SS, 350Z, and the V6Tibi. All are at least new for 2k3 for the tuner market

Originally posted by civicious+Nov 25 2004, 10:07 PM-->
Since so many more of us would buy RX-8's
[post=422313]Quoted post[/post]​

I would.

Originally posted by brian11to1@Nov 25 2004, 10:28 PM
I would never step foot into a Mazda Dealership... just couldnt bring myself to it.

Yeah, me neither- I just call up my buddies that work at Ford and ask them to put me in on the employee purchase plan discount, then walk in to a dealership to pick up the car at a really cheap price. No need to step in to the dealership- just talk to a fleet manager. :)

asmallsol
@Nov 25 2004, 10:33 PM
well mazda has done a great job keeping fun in mind with all of their cars. The miata, rx8, and 6 all handle very well. Yea, they are not the fastest cars in straight lines, but try racing a mustang on a road course vs the rx8. Same thing with the miata vs most hondas. Sorry, to say mazda sucks is just stupid.
[post=422331]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

Mazda actually makes some damn good product.

Really, its a difference in mentallity, at least stateside. Mazda has since the rx7 and miata made cars for people who really drive their cars. That isnt to say that that company philosophy pervades all of their lineup. I dont think its unfair though to say that mazda has really taken a step in the right direction with the rx8/miata/mazdaspeed variants. I mean the rx8 is a sweet car that handles great with a pretty decent hp output and ive seen them advertised for as low as 23k. While HP numbers may look at best fair in this world of 400 hp corvettes and 300 hp mustangs, You can't beat the bang for the buck fun value of any of mazda's sport cars (concerning new cars).

ill never buy another honda. weird how alot of ppl say this here and its a honda board...oh wel. after i graduate and get a steady job ill be in the market for a new car, and it wont be honda. the mazdaspeed 6 sounds very nice to me, 4 doors, awd, turbo...mmm

to say that mazda blows is stupid, all their mazdaspeed cars are pretty decent cars. the mazdaspeed protege is a pretty good handling car for the price (i think it was 20k when first introduced), the miata looks pretty badass and it handles well. the rx-8...well i wont touch it cuz i dont really like it.

you = ignint.

Originally posted by asmallsol@Nov 25 2004, 07:33 PM
[post=422331]Quoted post[/post]​

I agree with everything you just said. Look if you are looking at just horsepower numbers then you are missing the picture. The thing is that most Mazdas get great gas milage, and do not have to have a ton of horse power as they handle so god damn well. My modded civic which makes a little more power than my old miata did, could never keep up with my miata on a track or auto-x course. The thing is, now I want to get rid of my honda and go back to a mazda, and get another stock daily driver.
The only honda that interests me anymore is the S2K. I am not bashing Honda by any means though, Honda motors are amazing. 220hp 2.0l (JDM Type R) is amazing for a production car to have, and now we have the 210hp 2.0l with the '05 RSX Type S. The B series is an amazing engine, VTEC is an amazing invention. The thing is these motors are not being used to their full potential in a FWD car. I would have loved for my miata to have had a honda motor in it, that way I would have not been looking into forced induction options. Fuck man my dream car is a Lotus Exige with a K20A Type R motor in it (God that would be hot!).
I guess what I am trying to say, is that mazda has never made super fast cars. They have made extremely fun to drive cars though.

BTW, slightly off topic, but does anyone know if there is a touge battle vid of the RX-8 vs. the S2000?

i would still buy a honda, just not any of the new ones. i just like the motors in the newer hondas :)

Originally posted by jeffie7+Nov 25 2004, 11:24 PM-->
brian11to1
@Nov 25 2004, 10:28 PM

Honda = S2000, SI, RSX....
Mazda = RX8, Turbo MX5 and a Turbo 6 thats going to try and hang with the EVO and STI

Honda USA sucks dick sure they have the S2000 but anyone in here who likes torque... well you know how that goes.

Now when talking about modding a car as in engine swaps and turbo kits then sure honda is by far the best company out there to do that but when it comes to selling NEW cars it's the last thing on the car companies minds. I mean come on what % of new honda buyers buy a new car to swap a motor into it?

Almost every one of the major car company > Honda by a long shot

Mazda, Turbo MX5, Turbo 6, and RX8
Mitsu, EVO
Nissan 350Z/SER
Subi, WRX/STI/That wagon thing

Honda...... well they have a pos SI and an S2000 sure we could argue the NSX being honda but I'm not bring a $60+K car into the picture

p.s the RSX-S isnt a bad all around car but when put up to any of the other cars - the SER it looks pretty sad
[post=422362]Quoted post[/post]​

Ok. That was my personal opinion.

I have nothing against Mazda whatsoever, it's just around here, in Modesto, everyone's driving Hondas and Acuras. Meanwhile I'm trying to make money selling a car no one even stops to look at.

And to the "Did I sell yet" question. Yes: 2.5 cars last weekend. Going to shoot for two more this weekend, if the weather clears up.

We are across from a Honda dealership and a VW dealership... all I see is people go in and out of there all day. And it's mostly hot chicks. That's why I'm mad at my job.

And when it comes to a fun drive... Try the AWD Suzuki Aerio SX, that shit is da bomb... for 155 HP and 165ft/lbs Tq. Fun though, good control. Suzuki als just came out with the "Reno". It looks (I shit you not) like a freaking '00 Honda hatch with 4 doors... scary.

Originally posted by EXtremeAccord@Nov 27 2004, 12:39 PM
Yes: 2.5 cars last weekend.
[post=422842]Quoted post[/post]​

how did you sell 2.5 cars? :blink:

We have a 2003 Mazda Speed here in the shop with 15K on it with a spun bearing and no warranty due to the fact it has an Intake on it.. Yep they would not warranty the car due to the fact the extra combustion with the extra power from the intake.. Yep.. They did it..

Back