MazdaRevItUp

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94RedSiGal

• Date - 5/22 & 5/23
  • Location - South Weymouth Naval Air Station
  • Address - 223 Shea Memorial Drive
    South Weymouth, MA 02190
  • Time - Sat/Sun 7am-6pm
$40 to compete with the top prize being a car.... I wonder if Mark Daddio aka The Alien will win again this year at Laguna Seca finals. lol. So TurboMirage... are you competing in this? You have to register ahead of time. :p

It's free to go and just check out the cars... I think that I'm going just to drive the Miata, Mazda6 and RX-8 at their drive center (free). And there will be go-kart racing too (some$). Anyone else in with me? It's best to get there early as the lines for the drive center can get long later on in the day.

http://www.mazdarevitup.com

Well hurry up with the online registration. It's best to sign up for an early time slot as later in the day, the Azenis get greasy on the competition track. The good time slots fill up fast.

Chip really ought to do this, as he has the best chance of actually moving on to the next level...

That's a fun event... even going without competing is pretty sweet. Don't you only win a car if you win at the real track even with the 12 drivers?

Originally posted by Calesta@May 3 2004, 12:12 PM
That's a fun event... even going without competing is pretty sweet. Don't you only win a car if you win at the real track even with the 12 drivers?

Yup. The finals are at Laguna Seca again this year.

That sounds sweet - and looks like a great excuse to drive to boston!!

ok, how does the competition thing work? is there autoX and Drag?

Originally posted by number9@May 3 2004, 12:44 PM
Tempting. I think Bristol's next event is on May 23rd.

So the 22nd is open for you then. Will you sport a HondaSwap sticker for the team?

I just recently worked at a mazda dealer and the new miata mazda speed is supposed to outhandle, out accelerate and pretty much out do the S2000 by a long shot. This is coming from a mechanic who drove the S2000, MR-S(toyota), RSX, and all kinds of stuff in it's class. They say the reason it's so fast is it never loses boost due to a new boost return system. They said that they put aftermarket blow-off valves on and they lost power because of the design features. But hell I dunno, tell me when you get back how It went.

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal+May 3 2004, 11:58 AM-->
@May 3 2004, 12:44 PM
Tempting. I think Bristol's next event is on May 23rd.

So the 22nd is open for you then. Will you sport a HondaSwap sticker for the team?

I doubt they'll let you put a HondaSwap sticker on their car... and you can't use your own helmet, so you can't put it there either.

Originally posted by Calesta+May 3 2004, 01:49 PM-->
Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@May 3 2004, 11:58 AM
number9
Tempting.  I think Bristol's next event is on May 23rd.

I doubt they'll let you put a HondaSwap sticker on their car... and you can't use your own helmet, so you can't put it there either.

He could use a sticker as an armband or put one on a jacket. lol.

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal+May 3 2004, 01:04 PM-->
Originally posted by Calesta@May 3 2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@May 3 2004, 11:58 AM
number9
Tempting.  I think Bristol's next event is on May 23rd.

He could use a sticker as an armband or put one on a jacket. lol.

Martine,
I think you should represent HondaSwap! :)

LOL! No way. Not this novice autocrosser... maybe in a few years' time though. Chip, you are our hero! Don't let us down... B)

Originally posted by number9@May 3 2004, 07:13 PM
I don't mean to tread on this thread, but Martine, that avatar is *so* you! :) :) :)

Haha. Thanks Chip! And the yellow background color adds 10hp... at the very least. :lol:

Exactly. :lol:

I've always maintained that yellow is fast, and yellow people are even faster. Strap an asian to your hood and you gain 50whp instantly!

:lmao:

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@May 3 2004, 09:24 AM
Well hurry up with the online registration. It's best to sign up for an early time slot as later in the day, the Azenis get greasy on the competition track. The good time slots fill up fast.

are you going? ill meet ya there... lemme know what time! :D

Back