MB GLA45 AMG

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i moved up to the turbo model because of the turbo. it came with much nicer stuff than my non turbo (40K on it in 18 months) did for barely any more money. they are both pretty solid cars. the VT traction control is great in shit weather however bad for the track lol. im currently saving up for a real quaife LSD and while i have the trans is out might move up to a lightened flywheel and an upgraded stock disc. the 6MT in these cars are in 5 different hyundai vehicles. from what i know, they are very reliable. and from how hard i am on them... well :)

even kristens 2002 elantra has needed minimal (although the heater core SUCKED) repair despite being in 3 major accidents. we'll probably be replacing it with a veloster, or some sort of convertible. dunno yet. 130K on that with original clutch, trans headgasket....

i believe the GTi also comes with a real LSD.

but i dont miss hondas.

Yeah grand touring only and that forces oh into a auto tragic.

Not sure why people still buy nav systems. With Bluetooth and cell phones I haven't used a nav system in years even when our car had one. I still used the phone since it was so much easier to setup and hit start.

But if you must... From what I've read, the mazda6 comes setup and ready to go for the nav system. Even the little knob down below has NAV it's a simple plug and play upgrade costing you about $500 from a dealership.
Still pointless to have imo but you do have the option to cheaply add it down the road. IF what I've read is true.

built in nav - $2500
A garmin from woot, $80

saving 2420 by having a suction cup in the odd time you use nav....

just thinking about buying a car from a dealer is giving me a headache.

Why spend anything when your phone > all.

Just get a phone mount. Between turn by turn directions over the sound system and the map on your phone, I'm not sure why anyone would pay for nav.

Dealerships suck when you go in blind. Go in with money in hand *pre approved from a bank or credit union, or mattress cash* then the ball is in your hand. Tell them let's not waste each others time, i have money in hand and want that car for X out the door. If they want to makena quick deal great if you can't meet my price I understand no hard feelings. If they start dicking you around turn and walk out.

Even when just viewing cars the sales guys kept pushing 0% which would lower the cash back rebate from $2000 to $1000. I kept saying I was buying in cash. He kept saying but 0% would follow up with why lose $100 when I can just pay in full?

I won't be buying from him lol.

One thing that I've been realizing, I'm assimilating my up coming decision to replace my vehicle at work to the ideal perception. It's dumb. I am probably stressing myself more about it than I should, but with the suits, shoes, and other professional details I follow, its a real thing.

I drive a "kid's" car. If I'm needed to drive over to a different work facility 10-20 miles away, I'm hesistant to volunteer to drive. Most of the time I can dodge this, but when it has happened, and I explain to the 3 other people that they have to climb into the back it kind of sucks. It's not that I need a new car, or a nice car, but a "socially" acceptable car for my company that has 4 doors. Doesn't need to be new, just comfortable and not dirty. And not a mercedes.

:shrug2: i've had no hassles for any of the cars i bought at dealers, my m3, sti, genesis.

When buying the civic most dealerships were charging way to much, sadly Honda dealerships in this area assume you must have a Honda an will do anything to get into a Honda so they dick you around a lot. I went in with cash for a civic I knew they had on the lot. Told the guy let's not waste time can you do this for this much. Yes or no? He said let me go to the manager. Came back a lot later and sat down, Said I've got good news for you. We can put you in a car for your price. Come with me, look at this car... He took us to a different car and wanted to close the deal. *shakes head*. Most dealerships say no right away or ask and come back and say no. Pretty simple process.

my credit union offers a "quick re-fi" of 'new' vehicles (less than 1 year old) at their as-purchased rates. It's cake to do... So, i just do whatever the dealer wants to rack me out at without a care in the world, and then before i make my first payment, i re-fi it out to my place at my rate.
One thing that I've been realizing, I'm assimilating my up coming decision to replace my vehicle at work to the ideal perception. It's dumb. I am probably stressing myself more about it than I should, but with the suits, shoes, and other professional details I follow, its a real thing.

I drive a "kid's" car. If I'm needed to drive over to a different work facility 10-20 miles away, I'm hesistant to volunteer to drive. Most of the time I can dodge this, but when it has happened, and I explain to the 3 other people that they have to climb into the back it kind of sucks. It's not that I need a new car, or a nice car, but a "socially" acceptable car for my company that has 4 doors. Doesn't need to be new, just comfortable and not dirty. And not a mercedes.
so how about that accord sport? lol

I hear ya on classy things. image is everything when you host clients.

If you have a tC, it tells them, damn, they might go out of business soon.
If you have an s-class, it tells them, damn, we're probably over-paying.

If you have an accord, it tells them, ok, modest, but nice and clean...

I hear you. It's a valid point even more so if you ever hope to network at work.

Sit in the back of the accord and mazda6. Tons of room back there. Mazda6 has tons of leg room, 6 foot driver and 6 foot guy behind the driver has no issues. On the flip side Honda has more shoulder room. At least so it feels.

Problem around here is once you agree on a price the finance guy will try to fuck you. No I don't want that no I don't want rust protection. What do you mean the car doesn't come with paint sealer? No I don't want your dealership extended warranty. No I don't want to buy 10 oil changes. No I don't want the lo jack, no I don't want the remote start, no I don't want winter floor mats no I dont want the gap insurance, no I don't want...

Worst part of buying a car is the guy trying to get you to roll 7 things into the loan.

What do you guys use when trying to price a brand new car? Seems to me to be the toughest part about it, knowing EXACTLY what it should cost.

ALWAYS GET GAP INSURANCE*

* if your regular insurance doesn't automatically cover you for that

Only get gap insurance if you plan on paying your minimum payment and nothing more. Personally I'll never buy a car I can't pay at least double payments IMO if I can't double up on pavements I cant afford the car.

ive never owed money on a car for more than 2 years. if we couldn't do that with a new accord or mazda we would most likely buy a used Accord/Camry.

What to use when buing cars. I check online prices like cars.com and autotrader a lot of times they give their lower price online. Then I try to get as close to that OTD. Keep in mind Maryland has 6% sales tax so it makes it hard. Main thing for me is setting a willing to pay price and sticking to it. Nothing wrong with walking. That's how I bought my Suzuki. I went into the motorcycle dealership for parts or gear and every time I would walk over to a sales guy and throw a number out and get a no and I'd say ok maybe next time. Took 2 minutes, Finally after the 4th or 5th time the guy said yes. Granted it was a year later and a newer motorcycle not the same one as before but it was what I wanted for the price I wanted.

What do you guys use when trying to price a brand new car? Seems to me to be the toughest part about it, knowing EXACTLY what it should cost.
As i usually have a trade at the time, I usually focus my negotiation around my trade in, not the purchase price. I paid MSRP for my genesis, but i talked up 5 grand over their initial offer on my m3 trade, which was actually 2k more than i expected to get. I also paid asking price for my m3 (well, minus 500 bucks...) but was able to get 'excellent' kbb trade in on the car, and if you recall, the sti had 8k in damage done to it and more bondo than a dickskate car

some new cars, they just won't budge on. the genesis in track trim was one of them as they were 'rare'... lol of course, not really rare, but only 1 on hand per dealer was allotted at the beginning.

What's with wacky packages for manuals?

Accord LX and EX sedan come with a manual standard, automatic is extra, however if you want nav, you need to get an automatic, if you want leather you need to get an automatic, if you want the tech goodies, you need to get an automatic.

Mazda6 sport and touring comes standard with a manual, if you want leather you need to get a grand touring and thats automatic only, if you want nav upgrade, auto only, if you want moon roof option, auto only...

Most dealerships do not stock manuals, and the times they do its a stripped down model. Gee I wonder why sales on manuals are so low...

I think a lot more people want manual transmissions then people think. Problem is when someone is ready to buy a car they get their hopes up and when getting a manual means waiting a week or more of it's even an option for the car they want, they just settle for the automatic car that's in front of them.

I know a lot of not car people that like manuals. Very few people are willing to pass up a car because it doesn't have a manual. However if it did they would buy one. No doubt way more people want automatics. But I don't believe 8% or whatever the manual car number is would be correct if dealerships stocked manual cars with options.

Bet it would be 25% if not higher.

Back