McCain chose woman VP (Palin)=win

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

holy christ if a thread ever needed :popcorn: it's this one.

K-12 news was my attempt at humor regarding local news organizations

I watch Sunday morning news, I also watch the news, visit news sites, read the paper daily. Ignorance is a battle which must be fought daily, not weekly ;)

I tend to stay away from mainstream television altogether. The internet is an excellent resource because you can search a topic and get damn near every report and opinion available.

AND NOW WE'VE COME FULL CIRCLE. I never objected to her investigation, not once. You've been dodging my points in such wanton fashion you've actually taken us right back to where we started, this is know as talking in circles and you are guilty of it.

YOU brought up the "Troopergate" issue with this:

It's very Similar to the whole "Troopergate" issue

the media wants you to know that Palin dismissed a Public Safety Commissioner after his divorce from her Sister in Law

Somehow they never seem to quite get to the part in the story where the commissioner was making death threats to Sarah Palin's Father

Alaska Public Safety Commissioner dismissal - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Or the fact that the man tasered his own pre teen son

Or that he operated a trooper vehicle with an open container

they real apples to oranges is the media coverage

Then you proceeded to completely dismiss the fact that the issue has nothing to do with Wooten whatsoever and talked about him being a kid tasing, drunk driving, death threatening asshole. That's where the TGate issue started.

As long as there's some rhyme or reason to it I'm in favor of investigating suspect activity regardless of part affiliation (as opposed to endless investigation done as part of an effort to gridlock congress, but that's another matter). I would like a full scale investigation on why the Bush administration (which is comprised of an oil tycoon and a former CEO of Haliburton) has seemingly, and of course through no fault of their own, managed to (in just 8 years) create a global economy where energy companies and government contractors bankroll in ways they never have before. Ponder that one next time, before you call bush a redneck idiot.

Sure, I can call 'em a redneck idiot... the people behind him (think Cheney) are as smart and slick as they come.

My only beef was that in reporting on that investigation the majority of the media failed to give both sides of the story. Taking an otherwise good news item and spinning it. Fox news did infact give the whole story, all sides of it.

What does it matter concerning Wooten? He was investigated, he got a (short as hell) suspension, Sarah and her hubby tried to reopen the issue and were denied, THEN the power abuse came into play.

The investigation has NOTHING to do with Wooten, regardless of how much of a prick he may or may not be. Do I agree with him hitting his son with a taser (even if it were for less than a second on test mode, which when described by the mfr. of said taser is like "getting hit in the funny bone")? No. Do I agree with the death threat? No. Is he the issue here? Again, no.

I think it might be a crime when you're talking about a government officials family. i know making death threats to the president is a federal crime. Regardless your point is still invalid, there are allot of things that will get you very legally fired from a government job which, in and of them self, are not illegal.

The threat was conduct unbecoming, but it was NOT a crime because he did not say it to him directly. That's where the line is drawn and apparently he knew not to cross it.

and the open container blurp is still newsworthy as it was brought to light in the investigation.

However it was still heresay, hence why the charge did not stick.

Also as of note, Wooten made the comment, not the commissioner as you stated (probably by mistake).

PBS poll: do you think palin is qualified to be VP?

PBS has a short video on Sarah Palin on their website. Also included is a poll that asks: Is Sarah Palin qualified to be VP?

You don't have to give your name or email address in order to vote. It's very simple.

Here's the link:

NOW . Poll | PBS

Republican conservatives want her to resign from the campaign.

Now the :popcorn: is needed for the debate. :)

wtf 50/50...really?

are there really that many people in the dark?

Back