McCain won out on no torture bill

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
its been reported that mccain had to back off giving habeas corpus rights to guitmo detainees so he could get the ban on torture to pass...

sad days we're living in...

isnt the ban he is proposing about strange and unusual punishment and shit like that too, for the us prison inmates, right?? I heard that arent going to let it pass totally, inmates can be submitted to the army's field guide codes.... and they are making additions to it so that they can keep some types of torture/strange/unusual punishment. atleast thats what Stephen Colbert said, but who knows...

Are we beheading them yet ?

No?

Are we still allowed to scare them with women with red paint on their hands, piling them up and putting underwear on their head ? Are putting their Korans on the floor, or in the toilet ?

No?

Hm.. Progress. I'm so happy that we are treating them better. Soon they will complain that cold coffee is against Allah.

:) Cold Coffee is against Allah.... :) Funny shit..

But really I like McCain. He's a good compromiser. It's all about give and take, and he truly understands this....

I grew up with two older sisters, and have been married twice.....

What torture could they do to me that would make me even feel my nuts?

I understand you were joking Blanco, pretty sure i agree with your typical viewpoint in other posts. But I hope you understand what i mean too.

My point is really this: How can anyone whose patriotism allows them to blindly worship the troops (ie no questioning, no timetables, no doubt) also allow them to condone torture of anyone? What message does that send to "terrorists"? If you have an answer, you might want to remember that I have the unpopular stance of being for the war, and against the troops.

Well, as far as they gay stuff goes, its a huge taboo for muslims. Middle eastern countries have a concept of shame that most Americans dont understand. Thats why the things that were done to the prisoners in abu graib were such a big deal, even though most American's don't see it that way.
Honestly, for there to be any opposition to something like this is crazy, especially when you consider who this bill is coming from.

Following by our own rules?

Are we not trying to give Saddam Hussein a fair trial? If Saddam's lawyers could stay alive. Now, if we were not going by our own standards, we would hang his ass like he deserves.

[puts on flamesuit]

Are we not trying to give Saddam Hussein a fair trial? If Saddam's lawyers could stay alive. Now, if we were not going by our own standards, we would hang his ass like he deserves.

this has nothing to do with our ethics or standards

the WHOLE FUCKING WORLD is hawking this trial like whoa...

if its not a fair and just trial shit is really gonna hit the fan

right now we're at a 3 or 4, offing saddam without a fair trial would be like a 20 on the scale of 1 to 10

i personally like McCain but it completely baffles me that this is even an issue
THE US signed onto the Geneva Convention, we're suspossed to be the human rights beacon of the world, our country was founded on tolerance and freedom to ALL

but we have to actually write a law to prevent bush and cheney from saying torture is ok?
are we all that fucking blind?
changes the words from POW to detainee should not make these people the subject of torture

anyone with a public office who is found to be unethical or dishonest should be lynched... end of story

Quoted post[/post]]
Are we beheading them yet ?

No?

Are we still allowed to scare them with women with red paint on their hands, piling them up and putting underwear on their head ? Are putting their Korans on the floor, or in the toilet ?

No?

Hm.. Progress. I'm so happy that we are treating them better. Soon they will complain that cold coffee is against Allah.

For one second, you need to not let your conservative views blind you.

In this country, we should not have to THINK about whether or not our men in uniform torture prisoners!

The mere fact that we had to cut a deal with the president so that he would stop torture and cruel/unusual punishment makes me hang my head in absolute shame.

And all you do is spout on about beheadings like a good little con.

Progress? Hardly not.

not to mention the whole saddam trial for crimes against humanity while we're torturing the people that used to be afraid of him...

what a twisted web we weave

Quoted post[/post]]
Hell, why don't we just crush their balls with slege hammers, shove their dicks up their own asses, and then bash their skulls in with boots. My point, do we actually live by our own rules or are we too good for them? We would have been, and have been, outraged by our own personnel being treated the way we treat "detainees". Oh that's right, heads are rolling in a war were innocent civillians die every day. Let's just fuck our principles to the wind.

innocent civillians dieing every day? the only ones i see out here are the ones that were shot by an insergent/freedom fighter trying to get one of us and missed. we even help the wounded no matter what side thier on. not to mention the iraqi army getting blown up for helping iraq. are we not inoccent... i mean i just helped these people vote, i didnt rape or kill. a fucked up interpratation of the koran twists these people im telling you. the people who get detained and taken away have evidence on them, were in the area of an attack or come up hot for explosives (pick 2), not just because thay looked suspicious... and if they dont talk... well, i hope someone cares enough about the men on the ground to get info anyway they can.

im just telling you what i have seen since ive been here. so what if a bomb blows the fuck out of a family who knew they were living next to a terrorist. good fucking riddance. i also dont give a fuck about whinny turds that sit around and hate on shit they only read about. i get payed to die out here? thats a fucked up way of seening shit man. id much rather be a civilian. but regardless of what you think, Im actualy helping the iraq people here.

torture is good all around for service men and civilians... its a lot less then what a terrorist would do to you if they could. good thing for terrorists that americans are closer to them now. iraq = magnet for american hatred. and good thing there not getting on planes anymore to come to america... all they got to do now is ride there donkey a few houndred miles.

torture is good all around for service men and civilians... its a lot less then what a terrorist would do to you if they could. good thing for terrorists that americans are closer to them now. iraq = magnet for american hatred. and good thing there not getting on planes anymore to come to america... all they got to do now is ride there donkey a few houndred miles.

no wonder you ended up in the military...

torture is good all around???
uh... ask mccain about that, someone that ACTUALLY went through it...
i'm pretty sure he would disagree with you

iraq did not always equal a magnet for american hatred, but it sure as shit is now...
job well done bush

how many terrorist attacks were carried out in iraq when saddam was in power....
hmmmm zero perhaps?

torture is good all around???
uh... ask mccain about that, someone that ACTUALLY went through it...
i'm pretty sure he would disagree with you

he probably would

iraq did not always equal a magnet for american hatred, but it sure as shit is now...
job well done bush

would you rather it be america?...
job well done bush.

how many terrorist attacks were carried out in iraq when saddam was in power....
hmmmm zero perhaps?

only the ones commited by saddam.

torture is a bad thing, yes. "all around good thing" was going a little far, yes. torture of detainees that actually make it that far in the interigation process, yes. should we just ask question and let it be?

i might be the only american left who feels that way. all my buddies out here think otherwise... mostly like blanco. not a bad thing. but i dont really look at our government being controled by one man.

politics and religion are banned from my posting output. forevermore.

Back