Mcdonald's Rant

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

In-N-Out is my #1 place to go. I could probably count on one hand the amount of times I have been served food that was anything less than great quality. And it's cheap too.

Other than that, I stay away from McDonald's, mainly because they are way too expensive, and they are pretty much the leader of genetically modified food. If I do get some fast food, it's usually Carl's Jr, Jack in the box, or Taco Bell. Taco Bell and Jack are super cheap, and Carl's usually had pretty good grilled chicken sandwiches.

Wendy's FTMFW that's the only fast food I actually enjoy, but it's pretty expensive here. Mcdonald's I haven't had that in years since the quarter-pound stopped weighing a quarter-pound their food is garbage. Every time I go to Wendy's I get fresh, delicious food their burgers are king everything's fresh.

But Burger King makes some damn good breakfast, and I like the whopper.

Lately I have been eating McDonalds a lot due to it being close to my job and all the slobs @ my job eat it everyday for lunch so it makes it easier for me when they go pick it up for everyone. I do agree about the fries coming 2/3 full and the hard nuggets.

A friend of mine told me a trick when ordering fries... Ask for NO SALT on your fries and get it on the side... You will always get fresh fries that way :thumbsup:

A friend of mine told me a trick when ordering fries... Ask for NO SALT on your fries and get it on the side... You will always get fresh fries that way :thumbsup:
i'll have to try that.

i'm going to call tomorrow and try to get some money back, or a free meal.

I remember when I was younger, we used to go there and tell them that we ordered food the day before in the drive-thru and they forgot a burger or fries or whatever and they would just give it to us... That would be lieng, but think about all the times you get shafted by them when they dont fill the fries up!

I usually just tell them I want to see enough fries for me going into the oil, coming out of the oil, being put in the cup and given to me.

I do that for any fast food place with chicken fingers/nuggets/fries or arby's mozz sticks.

I usually just tell them I want to see enough fries for me going into the oil, coming out of the oil, being put in the cup and given to me.

I do that for any fast food place with chicken fingers/nuggets/fries or arby's mozz sticks.

Yea, but then you look like a "douchebag", lol.

I don't give a fuck. I'm paying their paychecks for an hours work for something they can accomplish for me in 5 minutes.

Starbucks is a completely different taste of coffee than others. If you like burnt, bitter coffee, its for you. If you don't, then you don't. I like some of theirs, and some not so much.

I spent 3 years at bk, worked up to morning manager. Honestly, I'd recommend eating there if you want fresh food. We were super anal, and honestly it was a very legitimate place to eat. But the food is horrible for you, so I don't recommend it for that factor. A burger there literally had a 15 minute time limit in the warming trays, and was literally flame broiled, and checked everyday, multiple times a day for consistency. It was a very strict atmosphere actually to serve food that was quality I feel.

This means nothing for BK as a whole because the same can be said for MCDs Again, depending on who owns it and who manages it......

I agree completely. But corporate audits were a bitch to pass, and it always seemed like corporate had a "hold" on our franchise.

Sad but true.. yet it doesn't stop me from going there more than twice a week at least. I think if America had more options that franchised nationwide as opposed to certain states.. that wouldn't be the case.. and McDonald knows this.

In-N-Out is my #1 place to go. I could probably count on one hand the amount of times I have been served food that was anything less than great quality. And it's cheap too.

Other than that, I stay away from McDonald's, mainly because they are way too expensive, and they are pretty much the leader of genetically modified food. If I do get some fast food, it's usually Carl's Jr, Jack in the box, or Taco Bell. Taco Bell and Jack are super cheap, and Carl's usually had pretty good grilled chicken sandwiches.

Ah yes, In-N-Out, quite possibly the most over rated burger joint out there. Don't get me wrong, it's 10x better than mcdonalds, but it's mediocre at best. Nick, when I lived in Portland, there was a local franchise called Burgerville. It's not bad, they make a decent burger with Tillamook cheese. I'm not sure if it goes up into Washington though. Otherwise move to the Mid-A, and hit up Five Guys. You'll never have a better hamburger, ever. Their fries are pretty good too, cooked in peanut oil.

Last edited:
yeah, burgerville is pretty good. i don't know if you guys have been to "dick's" but it's a popular burger joint. it's a 2 am after party place kinda like jack in the box.

vtec_cbr, how do you like va beach? i was there a few years back working at langley after 9/11. i fucking hated it. we were living in the ghetto at the best western in that shit ass town. i can't remember the name though.

yeah, burgerville is pretty good. i don't know if you guys have been to "dick's" but it's a popular burger joint. it's a 2 am after party place kinda like jack in the box.

vtec_cbr, how do you like va beach? i was there a few years back working at langley after 9/11. i fucking hated it. we were living in the ghetto at the best western in that shit ass town. i can't remember the name though.

Haha, I actually live in St. Louis again, just haven't updated my profile in a while. It wasn't too bad, like any place, there are nice areas and dangerous ghettos. The beach and boardwalk is kinda nice there though. Overall, I give it a solid meh+.

Dick's is the shit. When I lived in Ravenna, I went up to the one off 45th like 2x a week(don't eat fast food).

That works with everything. Just order anything off the menu with a slight change and they make a fresh one, but DON'T tell them no pickles. That's when they just pick them off and usually spit in it.

When I lived in NC my favorite burger joint was Cook Out. Great burgers, fresh off the GRILL (not put in warmer trays), and great thick cajun spiced steak fries :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Ah yes, In-N-Out, quite possibly the most over rated burger joint out there. Don't get me wrong, it's 10x better than mcdonalds, but it's mediocre at best. Nick, when I lived in Portland, there was a local franchise called Burgerville. It's not bad, they make a decent burger with Tillamook cheese. I'm not sure if it goes up into Washington though. Otherwise move to the Mid-A, and hit up Five Guys. You'll never have a better hamburger, ever. Their fries are pretty good too, cooked in peanut oil.

+1 on Five Guys. place ROCKS.

they have a franchise in ATL. it was great. funniest part was and i quote my boss "hey Chris i bet this is the first time you've had five guys inside you huh?"

Back