McLaren P1

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Briansol

Admins
Admin
VIP
This car is crazy, being touted as a race car for the street. I can't wait to see it on top gear. It was just unvieled as a prototype at the Paris auto show yesterday.

says it has about a 1lb/horspower advantage over the Veyron!!!!

full article and more pics:
McLaren P1 Supercar: First Specs And Live Photos, Gallery 1 - MotorAuthority

16963d1348777007-mclaren-p1-2012-paris-auto-show_100403684_m.jpg

Attachments

• mclaren-p1-2012-paris-auto-show_100403684_m.jpg
    mclaren-p1-2012-paris-auto-show_100403684_m.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 1,475
Looks yummy, and sounds like it is going to perform even better than it looks.

1lb/horsepower over the Veyron :shocked:

Looks sweet. An article I read said it wouldn't challenge the top speed record however, because it was built to be more "streetable". Or something like that.

Saw TopGear's article on fb the other day. :jizzinmypants:

Yeah, it won't do 300 mph, but who the F cares? there aren't roads capabale of doing 200 for any length of time, let alone 300. lol IMO,
0-180 is all that is really needed. After that, it's just a cock-show fest because even on FAST tracks, you aren't getting up to those speeds in a non-race prepped REAL race car (ie, lemans, etc).

Yeah, it won't do 300 mph, but who the F cares? there aren't roads capabale of doing 200 for any length of time, let alone 300. lol IMO,
0-180 is all that is really needed. After that, it's just a cock-show fest because even on FAST tracks, you aren't getting up to those speeds in a non-race prepped REAL race car (ie, lemans, etc).
I totally agree. I think it was better that they built a better car, rather than a carbon fiber body with a rocket strapped to the back.

thats the mp4-12c (hard top and convertible) on stage next to it

Ah, figured it would be- just couldn't tell from the corner shot.

You don't live down here. I've been able to cruise 150 for extended periods of time.

Beautiful car.

Back