md/dc/va WTB reliable car for $6K or less. good mpg a +

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

jeffie7

Wrong Whole!
VIP
As the title says, I'm looking for a car for the GF, she needs a beater car for a few months, she drives about 100 miles a day for work, the car must be reliable and get good mpg, also the car must be able to pass MD/VA state inspection or need only minor work to get it to pass like new tires and brakes.

Top of my list is a late 90s earily 2000s Civic, auto tranny is fine, 5 speed is better.
Trying to keep the car under 100K miles.

Another option is if anyone has a clean swapped car, even if its a mid to early 90s car, as long as the motor runs strong and the car isn't too modded, the more stock the better. Best option would be a 96 civic coupe with a B18 in it running stock exhaust and stock wheels.

I'm up for other options, send some my way.

payment will be in CASH.

Again the in order for me to even think about buying the car, it must be near NVA/Bmore/DC and be able to pass MD/VA state inspection and smog test. Stock exhaust is a big plus!

I have a 97 Integra in NJ. Auto. Mileage is a little higher than you want (122k) but I wouldn't want near 6k. The only downfall would be the exhaust. N1 style, but I've been thinking of getting an eBay twin loop ($100) to lower the volume. I'm the second owner. First owner was a teacher who bought out her lease then couldn't afford it. Car has been well maintained since I got it in 2003 and it was mint then. Would also come with a sunroof I got for it but never had the extra cash to get it installed. I get between 28-30 mpg normally, 30+ when its all highway.

92 Civic Si HB MT $5K

Have metallic black 92 Civic Si Hatchback, 73K miles, 5-speed, tilt/slide sunroof, cruise, all original except re-paint and JVC CD audio, new Falken tires, new brakes & rotors, new timing belt, new windshield, burns no oil, no fluid leaks, runs smooth and strong, super clean inside and out, cold A/C, good heat, clear title, original family-owner, 34mpg, located Columbia, SC. $5K firm. (803) 737-0125 demerittca@scdot.org

Last edited:
Back