MD Players

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

StealthMode

Kung Foolin'
Ok, I'm a MD guy. I've had a couple MD players, just the portable ones, not the stereo or car stereo ones. I'm just wondering what you all think about them? My current MD player is in a downward spiral, and I fear that it will be useless when I get back to the states. This summer I am planning on replacing it. Now, I know that the whole rage is the iPod, but I'm not too trendy. Would it be more practical to just buy a new MD player, or should I make the switch? What are your people's thoughts on it?

mini disc is so 1998. its kinda like laser disc... remember the record-size dvds?? lol

make the move to an mp3 player. screw ipod. there's plenty of alternatives for cheaper/more storeage.

Creative Zen >> Ipod >>>> Sony NetMD >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> old skool MD

If you want to be able to record shows, or other shit, buy the MD player. If you don't care about recording, then go mp3.

i have a MD player. havent used it in years. theres no need, like cd's are so much easier to burn, and just pop in any cd player...
i make the MP3 cd's, do I can put like 100 songs on the cd

im selling my Sony NETMD with 6 discs and 2 sets of headphones... comes with the usb transfer cable but no software. you have to download that yourself. 75 shipped.

i cant remember the model number, but its fairly recent, and its black.

I have the software for it. It takes only a couple of minutes to burn a CD to MD. I have a Sony netMD, but I was leaning towards a MP3 player anyways. EVERYONE here in Sweden has one, even the old ass people. It's insane. They walk around, ride the tram, ride their bikes with them around their necks on a lanyard, and listen to music everywhere. Plus I can just plug it into my computer and drag and drop the files, right? And they are pretty small.

I'm not a big fan of mixed songs, or shit like that. I usually put entire cd's. What would be a good storage size MP3 player I can buy (not too expensive now) that can hold a good deal of music? I know the iPods have like 20g of memory, but for $300, fuck that.

What is Zen?

The other thing is that I'm not really big on the whole downloading music thing. I just rip cd's from friends into my computer and then burn it to a cd. Shit, I don't even know how to download music.

EDIT: So I looked on the internet and on eBay, and those Zen players are SICK!!! I think that if anything I'd get the Zen Mini and get it in black. Those machines are amazing, what DON'T they do? I want one, I want one, I want one..... Fuck, no money, I'd have to wait till June maybe, but then again, I'll be back in the states on the 22, and then under a month from there. :D :D :D

I don't like buying electronics over ebay usually. I'll pay a few dollars more and shop Newegg just for the kickass customer service. Look at Newegg. They only ship inside the US though.

http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp...N82E16855102147
Creative Zen Mini 5GB (Black) $209

http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp...N82E16855102127
Creative Zen 30GB (Silver) $209

A 30GB mp3 player for a little over 200 bucks? Sign me up!

If (and when) I buy one it will be a 30GB Zen. They have 60GB ones for less than 300.

Zen >>>> Ipod in bang for buck

I seriously doubt that I would ever use up 30GB of space. I don't have a ton of music. Plus it's all on my computer anyway. I like to put the entire cd on it though, but still even with the 2500 song one, that's still over 200 full cd's that I can put on there. Right now I own about a whopping 65. I wouldn't even put all of them on there. Just the best ones. So I think I would look more into the Zen Micro. That thing kicks ass. FM radio, and you can record directly off it? 10 hours space of live recording with a built in microphone? Fuck yeah. I need to get back to the states and get to working to raise a few bucks. :D

Originally posted by Battle Pope@May 3 2005, 12:44 PM
Creative Zen >> Ipod >>>> Sony NetMD >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> old skool MD
[post=494481]Quoted post[/post]​

IPOD is way of life now a days.... :ph34r:

FUCK IPODs, I hate them. I am really starting to like the Creative Zen players. I think that's what I'm leaning towards.

I say go with the biggest size storage that is in your budet. When I first got my iPod, I had like 800 songs. 5 months later, I have 4200ish of all music that I like.

also, if you ever find yourself back in a college dorm mytunes is your freind.

Yeah the Zen's are the shit. I got one for my woman's Dad for Christmas, but fuck him!! I wanted it damnit. Anyway, they have voice recording, not sure how well the Mic works though, but if it works well I would use it to record lectures at school. I mean, while your taking notes you can't possibly absorb everything that is being said about Bio-organic chemistry. Fuck that!!

Ok, so to keep from thread jacking, yeah get a Zen. They are a good deal. Also, like someone else said, just get the largest you can afford, you'll be thankful later.

yea, alot of MP3 players come with mics or have mic attachments. You can get the ipod ones for 10-40 dollars on ebay

the NomadZen is a way better deal than the iPod no doubt.

but itunes is retardedly better software. i am the proud owner of a ipod mini (let the flaming begin) i know tis a total waste of money, but i have 470 songs in it and its not even half full, which is plenty enough music, its small enought that with the armband, which i just bought, you can easily run with it, and shit, its got games on it.

do i like my ipod, yes
do i wish i had bought a Zen, no
is the zen a better deal, by far.

any EWU gave out ipod shuffles to everyone who signed up to live in the dorms again, 700 new shuffles around campus now. stupid

ill get a new ipod with the next generation, when you can store movies on them. so i can watch all the option videos at the poker table. lol

Not saying that iPod's are all that BAD, but I don't like to follow the way of the buffalo too often. I like the idea that the Zen is a much better deal. I mean, if I'm paying good money for a new MP3 player, it damn well better be worth it. The thing with iTunes being better software, is that I'm not really into the whole downloading music thing. I like to have the whole cd on there. And doesn't the iPod only use mp3 files? And when you rip them from the cd into the computer, isn't it WMA format? (sorry if my questions are stupid, I'm not all that computer smart) So the Zen players are compatible with mp3, wma, and some other format. So that seems good. And if the Zen holds around 2500 songs, that's like over 200 cd's. I don't think I will ever own that many cd's let alone listen to them all.

Back