Meet The Fockers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

B16RacerN2NR

Working Hard
VIP
I saw it this morning...pretty fuckin' funny IMO. but you have to like "ben stiller" type movies. anyone else like it or hated it?

I was going to see it, but just ended up staying home and watching Shaun of the Dead with the chicks.

Originally posted by Havok@Dec 23 2004, 02:48 AM
I was going to see it, but just ended up staying home and watching Shaun of the Dead with the chicks.
[post=436303]Quoted post[/post]​

i'm going to watch that tomorrow. i heard it was great. you had chicks over and didnt invite me and micah, wtf dude? :lol: j/k. Micah is going to be gone on thursday for halo night but if you are still having it i might drop by.

and to stay on topic, no i havent seen the fockers movie. i'm not a big ben stiller fan. will ferral is more my type.

Originally posted by caffeind+Dec 23 2004, 02:51 AM-->
@Dec 23 2004, 02:48 AM
[post=436303]Quoted post[/post]​

i'm going to watch that tomorrow. i heard it was great. you had chicks over and didnt invite me and micah, wtf dude? :lol: j/k. Micah is going to be gone on thursday for halo night but if you are still having it i might drop by.

and to stay on topic, no i havent seen the fockers movie. i'm not a big ben stiller fan. will ferral is more my type.
[post=436304]Quoted post[/post]​

teusday night = halo night, but yes ill be gone

your quite in love with halo arent you? lol :p

i havent seen it, buti heard nothing but good things. yeah, you have to like ben stiller type comedy to apprecitate it, just like zoolander (which i love). Im suppose to see it tonight, but i think im going to watch Napolean Dynamite...

I am also looking forward to seeing it. There are too many mobs of holiday shoppers in the vicinity of the movie theatres these days.

Originally posted by micah@Dec 23 2004, 04:10 PM
teusday night = halo night, but yes ill be gone

your quite in love with halo arent you? lol :p
[post=436353]Quoted post[/post]​

Completely off topic, but I am on R&R right now, and the USO has a plasma, and 8 other 24" TVs all linked to Xboxs and a copy of Halo 2 for each one. Sickness.

i fucking hate ben stiller and hope he fucking dies.

he ruins ever movie he is in.

its a shame is in too many good movies.

worst actor ever.

no way, ben stiller is funny

B = worst movie critic ever :p

haven't seen it yet but would like to.

John, thats pretty sick you guys get that stuff there. you're not on xbox live out there in the desert are you? hehe.

napolean dynamite looks stupid as fuck.

b, are you kidding me?? he is a hilarious guy, sure his show (for teh short time it was on) sucked ass, but his recent movies have been awesome. and as an actor, he is pretty good.

napolean dynamite is hilarious. its defintely not for everyone, you really have to appreciate the humor.

i've never seen his show.

but he ruined somthing about mary, starsky and hutch, dodgeball, meet the parents was fucking stupid any way so who gives a shit, and the 2nd one can't be any better. plus that bette midler or babrbra strisand bitch who ever it is drives me nuts.

i'm a tough critic because i can actually point out a good actor.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 23 2004, 02:08 PM
i fucking hate ben stiller and hope he fucking dies.

he ruins ever movie he is in.

its a shame is in too many good movies.

worst actor ever.
[post=436446]Quoted post[/post]​

I think that some of what you are objecting to is not all of his fault. American movies these days are usually overracted. It's really noticeable when Hollywood does a remake of some classic film. I think that the people making movies these days think that we are dumber and might miss the joke or the storyline..... so consequently all sublety is thrown out and replaced with heavy hamfisted actiing in. Otherwise, the popularity and financial successes of the Farrelly Brothers comedies have added to this. Every Disney comedy is overdone also imo like the 101 Dalmatian movie. And I hate that the first Home Alone movie has become a Xmas classic for the same reason.

Otherwise, I was reading a review of some cable movie that was a biography of Peter Sellers (Dr. Strangelove, Pink Panther fame) and he really would immerse himself in his acting roles. And look at those thick framed glasses he used to wear. He wasn't worried about being some pretty boy actor like Ben Affleck or George Clooney. Anyway, I really respect the previous generations of actors more and prefer older movies. That first Italian Job movie, etc...

zoolander = best ben stiller movie ever

i didnt like it at first, but the more i watched it the more i liked it

soooo no actors today do research for roles? no actors today "immerse" themselves? i read articles about how jim carrey, while doing man on the moon, was so into his role that he would act as him 24/7. and that he would actually start to scare people, convincing them that he WAS andy kaufman. have you seen ray?? jamie fox does some amazing acting in that movie. lol, its almost like "i hate the mainstream actors because they are mainstream and the media loves them"

yeah B is a tough one to please when it comes to movies...couple of people at my work saw it today and they said they loved it...next up for me is blade trinity...anyone hate or like it?

EDIT: and flight of the pheonix

Ummm.... well there is just something more magical about movies from previous decades. It also has to do with the lighting on the sets and all. The whole atmosphere and pacing, so it's not just the actors. And of course the actors are subject to the director's vision and then still need to survive the cutting room floor and final edit. I like independent films. I also prefer current British and European movies over what currently comes out of Hollywood. Otherwise, I was rambling as I was trying to understand B's hatred for Ben Stiller. I like most of his work, but for instance, wasn't too thrilled by the Starsky and Hutch movie as a whole. Oh and I hated that movie about Ben Stiller and Drew Barrymore sharing a building with that obnoxious old lady. It was just way too ridiculous to bear for an hour and a half.

:yes:

that apt movie was fucking t3h suck. how it made more than $20 at the theatre is beyond me.

i just really can't stand the guy.

owen and luke wilson are next on my list.
they drive me fucking nuts too. STFU!

I'm not a big fan of classic films so much as martine- i can appreciate-- but at the same time, i like today's technology and effects in actioin movies.
really, the only old movies i like have deniro, pachino, harrison ford, or sean connery in them :D

Originally posted by B16@Dec 23 2004, 08:14 PM
no way, ben stiller is funny

B = worst movie critic ever :p

haven't seen it yet but would like to.

John, thats pretty sick you guys get that stuff there. you're not on xbox live out there in the desert are you? hehe.

napolean dynamite looks stupid as fuck.
[post=436448]Quoted post[/post]​

Man I wish we had online out here, when I get back to Germany I have to get it hooked up and running, then the world will feel the wrath :ph34r:

Zoolander rocks (<--staying on topic)

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Dec 24 2004, 12:39 AM
Saw Blade Trinity. It was decent. SO many good insults.
[post=436665]Quoted post[/post]​

ah...the only one who answered my question :D ...well, my girl said she doesn't want to see blade trinity so i guess flight of the pheonix is next...but also i can't wait for white noise to come out :)

Back