Meet Ze Noob

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rfalls86

RexRacer
I am soo smart for asking this question...what is turbo lag? and how does it happen and how do you make it stop or better? cus if i get my b18 and put a turbo on it i dont want turbo lag....so yeah can someone please explain to me this turbo lag and how it starts and how somebody can stop it if it happens???

if you don't know what it is, how do you know you don't want it?

If you don't want turbo lag, you won't make any power. end of story.

oh so is turbo lag a good thing?? cus lag is usually bad but umm...i dunno i was just going by the lag part...ok why do i want lag and why is it good and how do i get it? i just wanna know what turbo lag is

OK since no one else is helping you, i will. Turbo lag is caused byt the time it takes for the exhaust coming out of the engine to start turning the turbo turbines past a speed that will start creating boost, ie actually forcing more air into the engine. The bigger turbo you install, the more power you will get out of your setup (to a point and assuming it is tuned/set upo correctly) but the problem is, the bigger turbo you put on, the longer it will take the turbo to spool up and begin creating boost. So ideally a happy medium is in order: some lag, but not a terrible amount--get a medium sized turbo. Im done for now. search around for more answers.

Back