MegaMillions is $312 million friday

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Absolutely do everything you can to let NO BODY know that you won. Not even your wife, or your mom. NO ONE.

If you win, act as if nothing happened.
SIGN your ticket ASAP.
Over the weekend, browse through the yellow pages and find an accountant/legal team with the biggest ad. AKA, the group that blew a ton of money because they have it because they work with big dollar accounts.
Express that you have 'recently come into a sum of money and would like to discuss my options' and make an appointment with both a cpa and a lawyer.
Leave your ticket at home/in a safe/etc when you go there, and explain your situation, get a contract for investment, handling/etc/etc/etc.

Then and ONLY then do you go to the lotto office to make your winnings claim with a distribution plan ready (ie, cash at once, X to me, Y to donation group, X to whomever, with accounts ready to have money wired to them). Maintain that you want to remain annonmouys as it is your right to do so.

If you do this right, no one will EVER have to know that you're filithy rich. The only way they will know is if you start flaunting your money.

Of course, they may think you're dealing drugs now.... But to each their own.

Any other way is just stupid and you set yourself up for trouble.

if I win you can have the Pulsar

Absolutely do everything you can to let NO BODY know that you won. Not even your wife, or your mom. NO ONE.

If you win, act as if nothing happened.
SIGN your ticket ASAP.
Over the weekend, browse through the yellow pages and find an accountant/legal team with the biggest ad. AKA, the group that blew a ton of money because they have it because they work with big dollar accounts.
Express that you have 'recently come into a sum of money and would like to discuss my options' and make an appointment with both a cpa and a lawyer.
Leave your ticket at home/in a safe/etc when you go there, and explain your situation, get a contract for investment, handling/etc/etc/etc.

Then and ONLY then do you go to the lotto office to make your winnings claim with a distribution plan ready (ie, cash at once, X to me, Y to donation group, X to whomever, with accounts ready to have money wired to them). Maintain that you want to remain annonmouys as it is your right to do so.

If you do this right, no one will EVER have to know that you're filithy rich. The only way they will know is if you start flaunting your money.

Of course, they may think you're dealing drugs now.... But to each their own.

Any other way is just stupid and you set yourself up for trouble.

:werd:

Check this out:

www.illinoislottery.com/subsections/PR/090408.pdf

Anonymous Man Claims $4.75 Million Jackpot

Illinois Lottery welcomes latest Lotto winner

Des Plaines, Ill. – September 4, 2008 – The most recent winner of the Illinois Lottery’s popular Lotto game remains a mysterious figure. Camera-shy, the unknown winner caused quite a stir after his estate advisor claimed his $4.75 million Lotto jackpot with a ticket purchased from a store in Romeoville. Charles Bellock, who serves as estate advisor and spokesperson for the winner, said that immediately after learning about the jackpot win, his client was dedicated to responsibly managing his newfound fortune. “He has thought through his estate planning in light of this good fortune, carefully considering if he will receive it in a lump sum or in annuity payments over a period of time,” Mr. Bellock said. “He wants the payments directed to the trustee of his trust to avoid notoriety.” Mr. Bellock added that his client has explored every possibility for planning his future, saying, “He’s absolutely done due diligence.” The win proves timely for Lotto’s mystery man, who according to Mr. Bellock left his position in the entertainment industry around a year ago to take care of his ailing mother. “This will certainly help him better care for his mother,” Mr. Bellock said. ... “It’s fantastic to see our players taking such great care of their winnings,” said Jodie Winnett, Acting Superintendent for the Illinois Lottery. “We share in this gentleman’s excitement at winning the Lotto jackpot, and we’re especially proud to play a role in his ability to successfully plan for his future.”

I usually play 5 bucks worth when it gets over 100 million, but I've forgotten about till now. Guess I'll play tonite.

I'd probably pay off the house, buy a couple cars and a 45 foot sailboat, and be a 35 year old retired guy.

I'd probably buy a place on the lake and start some large non profit and live on interest.

22, 24, 31, 52, 54 [04]

i didnt win shit. 5 tickets and only matched 1 number on 3 of them. fuck the lottery.

Way to build this up then fail at your own idea.

It's funny how people who can handle their money wont do shit if they won, they'd carry on like nothing happened and end up investing it in random areas on the DL.

People who cant handle money make a point to spend it making sure the world knows.

Yeah, i was going to go after dinner, and then i got tied up at my parents house, and i just drove home (i pass no stores from my house to parents house) and didn't think of it again until 10pm, aka too late. lol

I think you can buy up to like 1030. The lady at the store next to my work told me some one in NY won.

Well I made a net profit of 2 dollars on my 5 ticket purchase. 1 ticket matched 3 numbers without the gold ball.

Winning.

Back