MEGAN RACING STAINLESS STEEL HEADER

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

they are crap look at the welds close up they ar shiity mig welds not tig welds they have under cutting and a very bad pattern to them go with sschorme for that price

Thats what i was thinking, just wanted some other opinions. Are any of the cheaper headers on ebay worth the cheaper price or is that exactly what they are....cheap? Would i be better off spending the extra money on DC headers? What would you guys recommend for someone short on cash?

I'd go with some used DC headers or something of that nature, You can pick up a used header for prolly between 100-200 I got my dc sport 4-2-1 header for 75 shipped, just keep your eyes open for deals.

Just don't get impatient & purchase a shitty header.. It's not worth it.

You might want to look at a used DC header- you'd pay about the same price as a new junk brand header. DC isn't the best out there, but it's pretty good for the money.

Originally posted by JDMPlaya@Oct 17 2004, 12:02 PM
I'd go with some used DC headers or something of that nature, You can pick up a used header for prolly between 100-200 I got my dc sport 4-2-1 header for 75 shipped, just keep your eyes open for deals.

Just don't get impatient & purchase a shitty header.. It's not worth it.
[post=403747]Quoted post[/post]​

There is alot of MEGAN copy headers going around. Fact of the matter is, and many people on H-T are starting to find this out, Megan's are actually much better quality than any of the DC's. The welds are better, steel is thicker, and price is much lower. The measurements are identical to JDM DC 4-1. I actually consider DC's quality to be bottom of the barrel.

Here you go:

AI%2094-01%20GSR%202.jpg

well i bought the megan headers about a month ago and they are awesome. The welds are TIG, not MIG. i know the difference because i am a welder. i payed about $128 with shipping off of ebay. they even look real nice to. so for anybody out there looking for a nice set of headers for cheap i highly recommend.

I think you meant this...

Originally posted by silicon_ghost@Apr 30 2005, 12:18 AM
well i bought the megan header about a month ago and it is awesome. The welds are TIG, not MIG. i know the difference because i am a welder. i payed about $128 with shipping off of ebay. It even look real nice to. so for anybody out there looking for a nice header for cheap i highly recommend.
[post=493209]Quoted post[/post]​

Yea, if you bought a set of headers, you wasted 2x the money :)

i just had my girl get me one for my birthday, the welds are good, better quality steel than my old OBX exhaust was on my old car. For the price it really is a good deal and im happy with it. ( i got the 4-1 itr copy one)

EVERYTHING I've read from people on H-T who've bought the Megan headers said they're great. If I hadn't bought the Stillen header from Brian, I would've gone with the Megan one.

im putting mine on as we speak in my 90 hatch w/ a b16 and stock crossmember so i'll post up how it fits. Also, i notice there are 2 O2 sensors on my stock b16 exhaust manifold, and there is only one spot in the megan one... Now do i have to get another bung put on somehwere like before the cat or could i just leave it unplugged? I also know that im going to have to lenthen the wire for the one im using, thats not a problem, i just didnt know what to do with the other one? :shrug2:

You can splice the wiring from the single O2 to go to both inputs on the ECU (this is the ghetto way). The better way to do it is to have a second O2 bung welded onto your header.

why would you put it on, drive it for a week, and then take it off again? That makes no sense. Either don't do it, or do it right the 1st time. Get it welded on before you put it on. Its not like you are in a hurry to install it. You already have a header on there don't you? Just drop by a machine shop today and get a bung welded on.

you could run it like that most likely but it will run really crappy. o2 sensors can really make your car drive like shit

yeah i know, i just didnt know if i could use my dads truck to get back to school and i might have had to take my car, and my buddy cant weld on the bung till wed. So that is why i was wondering if i could drive it around like that. But im stealing my dads truck bc he's not getting back from singapore/australia till next friday so the car can sit.

Also the 4-1 on an ef w/a bseries you have to hack the crossmember pretty good to get it to fit. I thought it would make it but it hangs really low.... Ill see if i can get my digi workin and take a pic of what i had to do to get it to fit.

Back