megan racing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mayhem

any one used megan racing suspension products?

coil overs or springs?

any feed back on the brand?

i recommend you get springs, you'll regret coilovers within a few months. megan's are cheap, get eibach's or ground control, TEINS are your best bet.

You will regret SLEEVE coilovers in a few months. Get the JIC full coilovers, or the Tein SS or Tein Flex, or shit, even the Apex WorldSport coilovers, and I GUARANTEE that you won't regret them in a few months.

If you're cheap, don't give a shit about handling, and want your shit ghetto-low, get sleeved coilovers.
If you just want a comfortable ride and a 'more aggressive' appearance (read: I'm too goddamn cheap to spend another $30 on shitty coilovers, and DEFINITELY too cheap to buy REAL coilovers, but it doesn't matter because I obviously won't be doing any autocross any time soon), buy springs.

Otherwise, get the real deal and get some REAL coilovers.

To answer your original question, Megan Racing blows goats. If you DO decide to get Megan shit, go ahead and get yourself a Fork strut bar and some Fork mirrors, too.

Originally posted by civicious@Feb 3 2005, 03:11 PM
DO A FUCKING SEARCH!!!! JESUS TAP DANCING CHRIST!

:search:
[post=455921]Quoted post[/post]​

whoooaaaaa let me guess you are the local do a search police guy right?

everytime someone makes a post you automatically post "use the search"

lol get a life

Originally posted by civicious@Feb 3 2005, 03:21 PM
You will regret SLEEVE coilovers in a few months. Get the JIC full coilovers, or the Tein SS or Tein Flex, or shit, even the Apex WorldSport coilovers, and I GUARANTEE that you won't regret them in a few months.

JIC :blink: thats one of the worst full coilovers there are. Not only are the crappy but they have the worst customer service ever. YOU WILL REGRET THOSE! Same for the TEIN SS they aren't so great, a lil to over hyped.

I have been VERY happy with my SLEEVED Ground Control coil-overs & Tokico Illumina on my EG civic. Its a daily driver & auto-x car.

on full stiff (5/5) in the rear and 4/5 in the front, it was good enough to finish 1st in SCCA DSP Regionally & 2nd Divisionally in '04.

The point of everyone's replies thus far should have been picked up by now. DO NOT BUY CHEAP PARTS..

as the mantra goes, "good, cheap, fast-----pick two"

Originally posted by mayhem+Feb 3 2005, 05:32 PM-->
Originally posted by civicious@Feb 3 2005, 03:11 PM
DO A FUCKING SEARCH!!!! JESUS TAP DANCING CHRIST!

[post=455921]Quoted post[/post]​

whoooaaaaa let me guess you are the local do a search police guy right?

everytime someone makes a post you automatically post "use the search"

lol get a life
[post=456047]Quoted post[/post]​

You're asking if Megan Racing, a $10 ebay product, is any good. You therefore have lost any and all rights to tell me to 'lol get a life'. And for the record, no, I am not the 'do a search' police. That would be JP (aka Formby).

Originally posted by dx_tuner@Feb 3 2005, 06:01 PM
civicious
@Feb 3 2005, 03:21 PM

JIC :blink: thats one of the worst full coilovers there are. Not only are the crappy but they have the worst customer service ever. YOU WILL REGRET THOSE! Same for the TEIN SS they aren't so great, a lil to over hyped.
[post=456062]Quoted post[/post]​

And as for you....who are you? My roommate has had the Tein SS coilovers for over 2 years, and has had ZERO problems with them. I ordered a set myself, that will be going on the EG on Monday. And as for JIC, they're hands-down one of the BEST compaines on the market...just ask Cory. He puts them on damn near every car that comes into his shop, whether they want them or not (jk)... Go tune your DX's, finger your prick, and sport your 'p0w3r3d by V-t3ckh y0' windshield banner.

And allow me to reiterate...Ground Controls and Skunk2's are an exception to the 'sleeve coilovers suck' rule. I wasn't thinking about them...I had Megan Racing on the brain and was thinking along the lines of OBX, Tenzo, Arospeed, Tom Motorsport, etc....

:huh:

thats right cocksucker (will).........ha....he just got to you first...lol.........but civicious is a great source for info on this matter follow his advice and youre good........some times i hate noobs(angry bears) ohh yeah

BITCH....lmao

just kidding :D

Back