Megan racings web site

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

UDT

Has any one orderd direclty from megan racing befor? Does any one rock there LCA's, Cpillar, or cheapo bars?

The Bars are made from 100% aluminum, whats the prefered material?

I hate to say it guys but its all hear say so far, im looking for some one who actualy ownes or has helld one of there products.

local guy here a while back got one of their bars off ebay...

felt like a whole buncha aluminum cans pressed together. read: flimsy

i own and set of megan racing lowering springs 1.8 all around not instaled so im not sure how well they ride. and my boy has the two piece strut set in a 90 crx says they are good. he def noticed a stiffer turn.

my friend has the megan exhaust.... it has a deep tone to it...sounds good....

Yeah i have heard lots of good stuff about the header and exhaust they make. But im really looking for stuff on the bars and LCS.

Does any one else know what most of the bars are made from?

Originally posted by UDT@Nov 19 2004, 04:36 PM
Yeah i have heard lots of good stuff about the header and exhaust they make. But im really looking for stuff on the bars and LCS.

Does any one else know what most of the bars are made from?
[post=419341]Quoted post[/post]​

For their LCA's alot of people on Honda-tech complained about after a certain period of time, the bushings started to deterierate and oval out. I would deffently suggest going with SSR instead or a similar brand.

I got a set of strut bars and they arnt the strongest thing in the world but its a hell of alot better the nothing. I got a full set for 40 upper and lower. It may be shit but that shit is keeping me on the raod and outa the ditch for now. If they last longer then 40 witch they have there worth the money

i have megan racings full bar setup in my sisters civic uppers and lowers front and back, they hooked me up big time so they are cool in my book, i dunno what everyone else is talking about when they say flimsyness, i actually go straight to megans store and physically talk to them, they make good products cheap and they give good deals on all there stuff, they arent the most tech helpful tho if you have questions on how things work and so forth but i say A+ product and it saved me a ton of $ and the ride is soo much better with them all on i have no more picth and rollin in that civic its just smooth and flat cornerin
later on

Originally posted by ryangt@Nov 26 2004, 01:16 PM
i have megan racings full bar setup in my sisters civic uppers and lowers front and back, they hooked me up big time so they are cool in my book, i dunno what everyone else is talking about when they say flimsyness, i actually go straight to megans store and physically talk to them, they make good products cheap and they give good deals on all there stuff, they arent the most tech helpful tho if you have questions on how things work and so forth but i say A+ product and it saved me a ton of $ and the ride is soo much better with them all on i have no more picth and rollin in that civic its just smooth and flat cornerin
later on
[post=422501]Quoted post[/post]​

Then that would be placebo effect. Yea, they may have improved the ride slightly, however, flat cornering? Tie bars and strut bars have almost zero effect on how flat the car goes around the corner. I just went to megan racing's website and there is ZERO info on antisway bars (ie they don't sell them). Antisway bars will make your car sway less (flat cornering) tiebars link points together to give a stiffer ride.

well considering that you have driven that car im sure you can tell me everything about it, its not like its my car or anything and its not like ive done all the work on it.
before you say soemthing for sure check yourself.
the bars helped the cornering alot and placebo my ass, i go by results, i use a gtech meter and it proved it so keep your comments to yourself.
just being out to knock someones product makes you an ass so just be happy to keep our two cents to yo self

Never used a G-tech though i wouldint trust it inless it showed signs of consistancy. Reguardless of weather its acurate or not IE 1/4 times. But just consistant in its readings.

Ok Ryangt, there's a couple of things you should learn about cars, geometry and its effects on a vehicle. First would be that we don't have to ride in your sisters car to tell you that it has excessive bodyroll, it's a Honda, and that just happens. Next would be that swaybars, not strut bars affect bodyroll, so yes, if you install strut braces and then go drive it, and say it lessened the bodyroll, or leveled it out in turns that is a placebo effect, because they don't, swaybars or antiroll bars do. Ties and strut bars will in most cases affect turn in response, but roll will still be present.

On the subject of Megan, good company, nothing but good things about customer service, but as stated previously, the rubber is OEM or worse and is almost always the cause of any complaints I have heard or damages I have seen. A set with some mild to stiff replacement bushings would be nice, but then you are spending the same amount as buying something like the SSRs, and would have to do labor to get the same result.

Don't gtechs use the car's lighter socket to "read" the cars vitals? And don't you have to be on a really flat surface to use it's g-force capability somewhat remotely accurate?

Sway bars are called "sway bars" for a reason.

Yeah i looked at the SSR's, thats what i thikn i will go with, though i am thinking about buying the ES kit for the car, if i did would it include the bushing for the LCAs? And if so would that bushing fit the megan LCS? Basicly would a stock bushing work?

Back