Meine starter ist kaputt

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

xj0hnx

I wanna be sedated
VIP
Ok, so I am sitting there cranking the car, and it sounds like there's no power. Well I do this for a couple minutes then smoke starts pouring out of the starter. So, I need a new one.

The question is what starters will bolt to a B16A? Can I pull a D series and use that, or does it even bolt up? And does OBD even matter on the starter?

any b-series hydro should work fine. a d-series won't. obd doesn't matter. its the same plug for 1 and 2.

try pop starting it.... or simply roll the car a little bit- sometimes theres dead spots on the starter..

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 25 2003, 12:30 PM
try pop starting it.... or simply roll the car a little bit- sometimes theres dead spots on the starter..

That's how I have been starting it, but no this isn't a dead spot, it is smoking, like a chimey, if I crank it more than once.

if its dead, it shouldn't smoke... maybe you have a short somewhere?

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 25 2003, 01:12 PM
if its dead, it shouldn't smoke... maybe you have a short somewhere?

I was thinking that, but the looked and I can't find anything, plus all other electronics are fully functional. If it is a short, it has to be in the starter itself, because it only smokes and smells when I have tried cranking it a few times.

Well, I got my new starter in the mail today, 99 ITR. Cost $70 bucks, and now it cranks for a milisecond and turns over, nice. Here's the old one, you can see where the power wire was just cooking it...

s3fcb800033462.jpg

:puke2:

Looks like the starter on my truck that got fried recently...

Back