Messenger Service

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dveit

VIP
Recently i've been getting these lame pop-ups. But they are not like normal pop-ups. They don't come up as an internet explorer, they come in as regular "error" messages in windows. They say the following:

"Message from MESSAGE to AWAY on 6/26/2003 1:35:27 PM

Warning: These messages are received using Microsofts Windows Messanger implented in your version of Windows. This is security risk! In order to protect your computer please go to http://www.messageaway.com. Before clicking OK please take note of URL: http://www.messageaway.com "

HOW DO I MAKE IT STOP?! Should i listen to these damn messages and go to the website, or what.

Also, i have already download Ad Aware 6.0 and scanned my harddrive and removed all spyware from it, and scanned my hd with Norton Anti-virus, but the damn things just keep popping up. I looked in msconfig and didn't find anything unusual in my startup. Does anyone know what to do?

goto messageaway.com and send them an email telling them to take you off of their list. I think its the same company as blockmessenger.com and a bunch of other similar names. I have been fighting to get off their list for some time now.

GOOD LUCK

:fuckyou: Pop-Ups :fuckyou:

I went to the website, and it says the only way to make them go away is to buy there program for $30. WHAT THE FUCK. This is a fuckin scam, why do people feel they need to make money by fucking people's computers up. This is complete bullshit. If they think im going to pay thirty dollars to fix this they are outta their fucking mind. We should just crash their website or something. Sorry 'bout the rant, i'm jut pissed.

:wtf:

man i get the same Messenger Service pop up bullshit as you dveit. im thinking its because of Comcast because thats what i use for internet and my Verizon DSL when i had it didnt have the messages pop up.

right click my computer -> manage
-> services and app's
-> serivices

find messenger, set it to disabled.

if you dont have 2k or XP, youre fucked :)

I use :puke: AOL, so i dont think it has to do with our ISP, but did you recently install a new version of Windows XP or Win2k? Because i read on the website its been implimented into that somehow.

Disabling MSN Messenger isn't a bad thing either. Frees up some resources. :lol:

The new popups are just a new way that spammers are getting to you... they're using M$'s own "net send" feature to broadcast junk out to IP addresses that they've combed from web logs (or other things) or just to slam less protected network nodes. You could always disable your messenger service- that'll kill it. A better way is to learn about your computer and figure out which ports need to be open, then close all the rest of them off with a good firewall.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Jun 26 2003, 12:13 PM
right click my computer -> manage
-> services and app's
-> serivices

find messenger, set it to disabled.

if you dont have 2k or XP, youre fucked :)

thank you b it hated tho's funken pop ups

can you do it on windows profestional 2000... i think thats whats it called

Back