Metallica: Death Magnetic

Now that you've heard Death Magnetic what do you think?

• Heard it, Love it

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Heard it, Hate it

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Heard it, Somewhere in between

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Haven't heard it, but want to

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Not gonna hear it

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The album honestly blew me away. I thought it was going to be a lame attempt to rekindle some of the musical awesomeness of the earlier albums. I was wrong, thank God.

Most of the songs are well produced, sound really good and move along at a good pace, with the typical solo and break down. A lot of songs have a Black Album/Ride the Lightning feel to them, and some sound closer to the country-ish Load and Reload.
But what surprised me the most was "The Unforgiven III". When I first saw the title, I laughed a little bit and figured they royally screwed up - but the song is actually amazing. "Suicide and Redemption" is a 8.xx minute instrumental that is kind of a throwback to "The Call of Ktulu", with good riffs, a lot of style changes and a good rhythm overall.

I'd give the album an 8.9 out of 10, simply because I hate "My Apocalypse", and the first three songs sort of run into each other. Otherwise, a great comeback after St. Anger.

And to be honest, but better production values, and maybe some better guitar work, St. Anger could actually be good. A lot of the songs have decent lyrics, but the absolute shit sound and lack of solos by Kirk kill everything.

But in the end, everyone can call Metallica sellouts - because they sell out every venue they play.

The album honestly blew me away. I thought it was going to be a lame attempt to rekindle some of the musical awesomeness of the earlier albums. I was wrong, thank God.

Most of the songs are well produced, sound really good and move along at a good pace, with the typical solo and break down. A lot of songs have a Black Album/Ride the Lightning feel to them, and some sound closer to the country-ish Load and Reload.
But what surprised me the most was "The Unforgiven III". When I first saw the title, I laughed a little bit and figured they royally screwed up - but the song is actually amazing. "Suicide and Redemption" is a 8.xx minute instrumental that is kind of a throwback to "The Call of Ktulu", with good riffs, a lot of style changes and a good rhythm overall.

I'd give the album an 8.9 out of 10, simply because I hate "My Apocalypse", and the first three songs sort of run into each other. Otherwise, a great comeback after St. Anger.

And to be honest, but better production values, and maybe some better guitar work, St. Anger could actually be good. A lot of the songs have decent lyrics, but the absolute shit sound and lack of solos by Kirk kill everything.

But in the end, everyone can call Metallica sellouts - because they sell out every venue they play.
I couldn't agre more with The Unforgiven III. When I first saw it i thought it was a joke. But after hearing it, it's an incredible song. Easily my favorite on the album.

People are saying the album sounds better in Guitar Hero 3 than the album release because they set the volume too loud when mastering, so it's distorted to all hell.

Back