Metallica Mtv Icon

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@May 7 2003, 09:58 AM
I know the English major didn't spell "hypocrite" wrong.....:lol:

eye rite sew ewe kan reed. :lol: :lol:

Jason quit so I heard and yes Metallica did quite a few illegal substances along with the binge drinking. Jason said in an interview that the "drinking and other substances had taken a toll on him mentally and physically" and he was unable to go on with them, because it was too self destructive. Hetfield just got out of rehab for something other that alcohol, and yes Metallica should have quit right after the Black album. Aerosmith too

Originally posted by machine@May 7 2003, 04:12 PM
and yes Metallica should have quit right after the Black album. Aerosmith too

:werd: :withstupid:

and didnt metallica have a speed problem? meth that is.....

they say the new stuff is alot like the old. With the adverage song length somewhere near the 7min mark. I've heard studio work, alot better the grungallica band of recent. But then again my frined summed it up for me....

"Metallica could put out a rap album and I'd still buy it..."

metallica sold out? okay.. maybe.. but all the AFI fans here can cry also, they made a video for MTV, altho its not getting shit for play. I've like metallica since i was old enough to choose my music. It say right next to my cd's and other genre's.. who cares if they sell out, if you like their music, what makes a difference? Moreppl liking it maybe? They haven't changed for the public, they've changed b/c they perfected their style.

btw - the icon kicked ass.. Korn's performance of "one" was incrediable.. avril needs to go fucking sing pop, she's already admitting to being pop. What happened to her "punk" clothes? ah who gives a fuck!

Originally posted by Silverchild79@May 7 2003, 07:11 PM
"Metallica could put out a rap album and I'd still buy it..."

:werd: .
i love metallica. i think they're my favorite band ever. they've always been good. and i would be pissed if i was lars too. they all kick ass. and the icon show was sick. i can't wait for limp bizkit's new album.

Originally posted by E_SolSi+May 7 2003, 07:29 PM-->
Domeskilla
@May 7 2003, 08:14 PM
Korn's performance of "one" was incrediable

:werd:
that was fuckin dope

I guess I'll just have to catch it on a rerun... I'm sure they'll play it once a day for the next 4 weeks.

:lol:

Seeing Korn perform on stage WITH Metallica at Summer Sanitarium a few years ago (Hetfield was sick) was totally badass. That was something that I was glad I didn't miss, although I didn't get to see Hetfield sing.

Originally posted by Calesta@May 7 2003, 07:34 PM

Seeing Korn perform on stage WITH Metallica at Summer Sanitarium a few years ago (Hetfield was sick) was totally badass. That was something that I was glad I didn't miss, although I didn't get to see Hetfield sing.

yeah I was there too, in Dallas right? Even though I have never seen Metallica as a whole, and was really excited, that was a show that was something that will never happen again and it just plain kicked freakin ass!!

Originally posted by machine+May 7 2003, 07:43 PM-->
@May 7 2003, 07:34 PM

yeah I was there too, in Dallas right? Even though I have never seen Metallica as a whole, and was really excited, that was a show that was something that will never happen again and it just plain kicked freakin ass!!

YEAH!

That was in Dallas. It's cool that you were there! I had pretty decent seats too... I just wish that Hetfield had played. I haven't had a chance to catch Metallica again since then, and I missed the big Guns 'N Roses / Metallica / Faith No More concert in Houston years and years before that too.

You know, Kid Rock almost isn't that bad when he isn't doing his whole "I'm a white trash thug" schtick. He was actually really good on stage singing Metallica's songs.

they just did it for the MTV Icon show the other night
check kazaa they might have it up already

Originally posted by Calesta@May 7 2003, 07:46 PM

You know, Kid Rock almost isn't that bad when he isn't doing his whole "I'm a white trash thug" schtick. He was actually really good on stage singing Metallica's songs.

yeah he took a big chance doing Nothing Else Matters, but he really pulled it off I think.

Originally posted by machine+May 7 2003, 08:34 PM-->
@May 7 2003, 07:46 PM

yeah he took a big chance doing Nothing Else Matters, but he really pulled it off I think.

Yeah, that one's a hard song to do... focuses a lot on the voice. :lol:

I don't remember much of the show now though, it was too long ago. :(

Originally posted by Domeskilla@May 7 2003, 08:14 PM
They haven't changed for the public, they've changed b/c they perfected their style.

I think they changed there total style or look as a publicity stunt when they were on MTV music awards a while back to get more attention cause there albums weren't selling. Which IMHO is a sell out.
Not sayin I don't like the old stuff Pre 'And Justice For All' and a few tracks of the black album. but after it kinda went to shit

i went to summer sanitarium and watched korn perform "one" live cause james was hurt in some kind of accident. anyway it was fucking incredable. probably the best "cover" <if you can call it that> i have ever heard

Yes Jon does do a hella job with the vocals.. very talented, as is his half-bro, who is the lead singer for Adema.

Back