Metals

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

it's not just today. it's up 7.5% since last thursday. it's extremely overbought though. there WILL be a correction soon. i'm going to close my positions and reinvest lower.

if the gov't keeps playing chicken with our debt ceiling, bringing us closer and closer to unofficial insolvency, the world is selling off mass dollars.
i agree people are eating this shit up right and left, but the fears of a steep dollar decline might be coming true sooner than later

i remembered i have a bunch of 64 kennedy halves
should be approx 1/3 oz each of silver, so 1.50 in coin = silver oz rate
not too shabby
my grandfather knew what he was doing when he got as many as he could.
it'd almost be worth it to go through rolls of half dollars to look for the early ones, but there weren't even that many in circulation to begin with because of all the hoarding

side note: i used to go through rolls and rolls and rolls of coins back in the day looking for rarer specimens, it was a fun hobby

it's not the taxes that make the companies leave, it's the cost of work like Perot stated. Companies get good tax breaks if they have good lawyers. Jon Stewart was talking about some company the other night that paid 0 in taxes for last year.

that's actually a misconception....it has very little to do with the wages paid to american worker's vs worker's in another country....it has to do with other countries laws on business's and taxes assessed against them.

i can't argue the enviromental factor
but considering the tax % rates and the % of income that employment expenses eats up, i would have 2 say they are both contributing factors
you can't tell me when i call a customer service number for an american based company and I am talking to someone in india that it has nothing to do with the cost of wages

that's actually a misconception....it has very little to do with the wages paid to american worker's vs worker's in another country....it has to do with other countries laws on business's and taxes assessed against them.

i can't argue the enviromental factor
but considering the tax % rates and the % of income that employment expenses eats up, i would have 2 say they are both contributing factors
you can't tell me when i call a customer service number for an american based company and I am talking to someone in india that it has nothing to do with the cost of wages

it's both. other countries give U.S. companies HUGE tax breaks. think about it. we give them jobs AND pay the country taxes. it's in their best interest to let us have a business there. and the fact that we can pay an Indian or Viet $.50/hour doesnt' hurt either.

Actually its worse than that.

Tax holidays of 3 to 5 years are common in emerging market economies, especially in Asia. During a tax holiday, your place of business pays zero taxes.

The only way the money gets taxed is if you repatriate your foreign earnings into the United States. GE paid no tax because they had a US loss and didnt repatriate enough earnings to result in a net gain.

Never seen this before - other websites show the price still rising, but it looks like kitco has shut down temporarily... see how the price went flat?

attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-04-22 at 9.06.04 AM.png
    Screen shot 2011-04-22 at 9.06.04 AM.png
    12.6 KB · Views: 148
that can't be right. in the last 6 months silver has gone from 38->48->32->39

but, it has... it's actually outdone gold in recent times.

sure, it won't be $2000 an ounce, but the percent move has historically outdone gold

Im a gold and silver refiner. I have been investing in silver the last year. for me its a little easier to afford and I have made a few bucks along the way.

silver is a good investment

Back