meteor shower tonight

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Just got back from watching the meteor shower. We drove down south of Denver pretty much out to the middle of no where to get rid of the city lights. Actually worked perfect cause it was kinda cloudy in Denver, but down there was completely clear.

Saw some pretty awesome meteors, some were huge, left contrails that lasted for several seconds before dissipating. Actually was quite active as well, only saw maybe 10 or so of the big ones in an hour, but we were probably seeing in the neighborhood of 5 - 10 meteors a minute.

Nice, I only saw a few in my area. I wasn't out side long either. Thanks for reminding me B.

I sat outside for about 10 minutes. Saw a few quick, very faint meteors. My neighbors have this huge flood light on their driveway that lights up everything. I seriously considered taking it out :sniper:

Didn't see anything at all, it was pretty cloudy and rainy all day yesterday.

Oh well... :shrug2:

I was laying outside on saturday night staring at the stars and saw 2 shooting stars in about 20 minutes.
Perhaps there's some leftovers.

yeah thursday night was just the peak of the shower

i saw a bunch on friday night... few of them were really fucking bright

there are almost always several days of decent viewing before and after the day a shower is announced for

nah they were kinda all over the place

yea, same here
wasnt sure if they should be all going one direction, but i guess if they get pulled into the gravitational field they could be spinning all willy nilly like

It just depends on where you are at and where they are really falling. I have seen a ton of shooting stars, predicted meteor showers or not. I guess where I live is just prime or I'm outside smoking too much at night ;x I see them about 15% of the nights I'm out. If they are falling down towards you then you will see them going in all directions. If you are far away from the point they are falling then they pretty much go parallel or at least in the same direction across the sky. The shower at the beginning of summer I saw them go in the same direction. This last one they kind went where ever. Particles falling into the atmosphere don't have any way to change direction. Gravity doesn't really allow for that.

Back