Micah's car

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Luke6

Hey, some of you know micah from the board, he used to post a lot. Anyway, we are planning on sanding his car down and painting it primer black. Do you guys have any links/advice on sand paper grain or what not? I've read a few pages, but they seem to disagree on some things. Has anyone done this before?

dont sand the paint down to the metal. Spray paint will not protect the car from rusting so when you sand, only do it enough to scuff up the paint (so the spray paint will stick). Are you going to use a paint sprayer or a just spray paint. Dont hold the spray paint real close to the body otherwise it will look uneven when your finished.

Also, do camo or a cow sol. Do a search on here, they look so bad ass.

i already posted about this luke you noob :p

what kind of primer are ya spraying? epoxy? surfacer? sealer? are you going to leave it primer or spray it later? if your spraying surfacer you can get away with 180 grit, epoxy id go with 320, sealer like 320 to 400 use the grey 3M scuff pads around hard to reach places, also what paint system are you using? if anyone needs paint n body advise just met me know.
stay straight.

ill prolly paint it black later, but it will prolly be a while. i like the way black primer looks, but have never seen it on a sol before. i guess how it looks will determine how long it stays that way :p

Back