mice with Bubonic plague are missing

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by civicious@Sep 16 2005, 01:33 PM
I thought in the 13th century, the plauge spread through fleas that were on the mice? i.e. mouse has plague, flea bites mouse, flea gets plague, flea bites human, human gets plague

??
[post=555497]Quoted post[/post]​

do you know anyone with fleas? i dont even know a dog with fleas.
Ehhh, we didn't need New Jersey anyway.

what did NJ ever do to you?

Ya, there is nothing to worry about. There is a cure for it. Medical science has made some progress from the 1200's. lol

so what if there's a cure?

remember the craze over a stupid flu shot last season?

Originally posted by sLuShBoXtEgGy@Sep 16 2005, 01:15 PM

What in the fuck are you talking about?

The plague was origianlly spread by fleas, you fucking ignorant box of cunt. Do you even know what the Black Plague was, cracknuts?

http://www.insecta-inspecta.com/fleas/bdeath/
There's a nice link for you, with information about the plage. And what's the first fucking thing you see on that page?
flea.jpg

A GIANT FUCKING PICTURE OF A FLEA. AND GIANT FuCKING TEXT THAT READS:
The Black Death

1347 - 1350

Culprit: Oriental Rat Flea

Helen fucking Keller could read and understand that goddamn page.

But wait, it goes on!
The Black Death was one of the worst natural disasters in history. In 1347 A.D., a great plague swept over Europe, ravaged cities causing widespread hysteria and death. One third of the population of Europe died. "The impact upon the future of England was greater than upon any other European country." (Cartwright, 1991) The primary culprits in transmitting this disease were oriental rat fleas carried on the back of black rats.

tyronebiggums3hk.jpg

Here, check out that last line one more time, blisterlips...
The primary culprits in transmitting this disease were oriental rat fleas carried on the back of black rats.

Oh, and look, here's ANOTHER page about the plague...
http://www.themiddleages.net/plague.html
The bubonic plague mainly affects rodents, but fleas can transmit the disease to people.

Fuckin' ignorant bastard. Your mom has fleas.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 16 2005, 11:32 AM
so what if there's a cure?

remember the craze over a stupid flu shot last season?
[post=555532]Quoted post[/post]​

That's because people are sheep, and even if they're in good shape, and will only be affected by the flu for a week or so, they'll still freak out, stand in line and pay for a shot that's going to give you a cold for the next 6 months, just to stop from getting the flu.

<---- never gotten a flu shot, and never will before/if he ever turns 80

Everyone needs to get the flu vaccines not because of their personal health, but because this is our last chance to nip it in the bud. It comes back resilient to previous treatments - And I believe this is our last year of a Vaccine.

So I wouldn't doubt if this winter they actually go to door trying to get you to take it.

QUOTE(sLuShBoXtEgGy @ Sep 16 2005, 01:15 PM)

What in the fuck are you talking about?

The plague was origianlly spread by fleas, you fucking ignorant box of cunt. Do you even know what the Black Plague was, cracknuts?

whoa man, you're awful hostile...
have a drink, relax...
i think what he was saying is that during the 1300 people were a lot less clean and there were a lot more rats roaming around and mingling with the human population...
it is very rare today to see rats sleeping in the same room as people, and it is also very rare for a human to go about normal day to day activities with fleas, this was not the case during the 1300's and thus the rapid spread of the plague...

but i must compliment you on your post and wonderful use of colorful terms, such as fucking ignorant box of cunt, cracknuts, and my personal favorite, blisterlips...

Had he said something along the lines of
during the 1300 people were a lot less clean and there were a lot more rats roaming around and mingling with the human population...
it is very rare today to see rats sleeping in the same room as people, and it is also very rare for a human to go about normal day to day activities with fleas, this was not the case during the 1300's and thus the rapid spread of the plague...

it would have been different. But he didn't.

And even if he had said that, I never said ANYTHING about fleas spreading it today. I simply responded to B's comment about it being airborne, because I was under the impression that the plague of the 1300's was spread by fleas. (I was partially incorrect, by the way. What B was referring to is the pneumonic plague, which WAS airborne...but not 'pneumatic'...)

At any rate, his response of 'Do you know anyone with fleas? I don't even know a dog that has fleas' was rude and uncalled for, and directed at a comment that I made that, amazingly, was NOT rude, insulting, or otherwise uncalled for.

Boo-yaa.

Originally posted by civicious@Sep 16 2005, 04:36 PM
Had he said something along the lines of
during the 1300 people were a lot less clean and there were a lot more rats roaming around and mingling with the human population...

it would have been different. But he didn't.

[post=555607]Quoted post[/post]​

i just didnt feel like righting all that. thats what i meant.

Originally posted by civicious@Sep 16 2005, 04:36 PM
.but not 'pneumatic'...
[post=555607]Quoted post[/post]​

and that still makes me sad
i really wanted some plague powered tools for the garage
that would have been so F'n cool
:(

Back