Michael Moore writes a letter, I respond :-)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

YAY!! another stupid political thread that will get nothing accomplished and go nowhere.

woot.

And you blame liberals for this... how again?

The Dem's are against putting caps on amounts that can be paid out in liability lawsuits. The purposed caps would have set maximum amounts that can be awarded for certain claims, but it didn't restrict all claims. The idea was to eliminate the medical equivalent of Mc Donald's having to pay 3 mil for hot coffee.

That was a part of the Package that died in the Senate and caused the Dem's to give that ridiculous standing ovation during the president's state of the union last year

That state of the union made me cringe. A bunch of monkeys.

Anyway, that McDonalds burn was a laughing stock - but you know .. it was spilled on her crotch and the coffee pots were read at 180 degrees F. That's too goddam hot.

The woman that got burned suffered 3rd degree burns on her cooch - it required plastic surgery and she has obviously lost lots of .. sensation... down there.

3 Million sounds right to me.

fuck that, it's coffee, it's supposed to be hot

if the machine makes it to hot go after the machine producer

Just like the guy who gets hit in the parking lot of walmart by a drunk diver (just an example, not refusing to a specific incident)

is the guy gonna sue the drunk driver that has nothing and owns nothing, no, there's no money in it. He'll sue Wall Mart, and for whatever reason, he'll get 10 million dollars. It's ridiculous

Anyway, that McDonalds burn was a laughing stock - but you know .. it was spilled on her crotch and the coffee pots were read at 180 degrees F. That's too goddam hot.

The woman that got burned suffered 3rd degree burns on her cooch - it required plastic surgery and she has obviously lost lots of .. sensation... down there.

Besides that being an admittedly stupid lawsuit... what does that have to do with healthcare costs? She didn't sue her HMO.

Not many straws left to grasp Cel.

The Dem's are against putting caps on amounts that can be paid out in liability lawsuits. The purposed caps would have set maximum amounts that can be awarded for certain claims, but it didn't restrict all claims. The idea was to eliminate the medical equivalent of Mc Donald's having to pay 3 mil for hot coffee.

That was a part of the Package that died in the Senate and caused the Dem's to give that ridiculous standing ovation during the president's state of the union last year

I reiterate, how does eliminating coffee cooch woman fix healthcare costs?

This is a basic concept in the argument of frivolous lawsuits. it set the precedent.

I'll give you a chance to google 4 of those words.

what you both fail to realize is that McDonad's insurance paid for the medical bills in full

the 3 mill was for her emotional pain and suffering. "I pulled a dumb ass move and spilt hot coffee on myself and McDonalds gave me 3 mil for my feelbads"

And the coffee has nothing to do with health care, I was referring to something people had a fair understanding of so I could relate it to the health care problems. There are many parallels

oops, Cell beat me to it!

He's being blatantly argumentative in his tone, but I actually agree with most of Moore's stuff there.

Except for the gun control. More guns, not less.

fuck that, it's coffee, it's supposed to be hot

if the machine makes it to hot go after the machine producer

Just like the guy who gets hit in the parking lot of walmart by a drunk diver (just an example, not refusing to a specific incident)

is the guy gonna sue the drunk driver that has nothing and owns nothing, no, there's no money in it. He'll sue Wall Mart, and for whatever reason, he'll get 10 million dollars. It's ridiculous

Besides that being an admittedly stupid lawsuit... what does that have to do with healthcare costs? She didn't sue her HMO.

Not many straws left to grasp Cel.
it wasn't all money that went to her. A lot of it was punitive damages because that McDonalds had been specifically fined 3 times in the past for having coffee that was too hot. She barely got anything after lawyers fees and such.

read the facts before spouting off about this case.it isn't a stupid lawsuit. it is very reasonable. she wouldn't have file a lawsuit if they paid for her medical bills.

McFacts abut the McDonalds Coffee Lawsuit

This is a basic concept in the argument of frivolous lawsuits. it set the precedent.

I'll give you a chance to google 4 of those words.

I'm not arguing that frivilous lawsuits such as that are absolutely stupid. She should have been darwinized for not knowing that... damn!... coffee is hot!

My argument is what does this have to do with what you pay for a doctor's visit? Universal healthcare wouldn't increase or decrease these BS lawsuits.

What would be the "medical equivelant" of this anyway?

here's an interesting scenario

in government health care system if you sue your suing the government. Ever try to sue the post office for damages incurred by identity theft when they were negligent?

I'll give you a clue, I've attached the amount of money you'll see to this post...

it wasn't all money that went to her. A lot of it was punitive damages because that McDonalds had been specifically fined 3 times in the past for having coffee that was too hot. She barely got anything after lawyers fees and such.

read the facts before spouting off about this case.it isn't a stupid lawsuit. it is very reasonable. she wouldn't have file a lawsuit if they paid for her medical bills.

McFacts abut the McDonalds Coffee Lawsuit

over 700 people, where's the class action lawsuit? And why was it reduced to under half a million.

Legal fees are out the window crazy too don't get me started on that, but it's safe to say that the information in that link is one sided at best

Moore is a rediculous douchebag. Anyone can whine about anything from either end and it will get you nowhere. IMO, bipartisan government should have gone out with the Whigs. If people actually took the time to read what they were voting for, and who they were represented by, things would be a lot different.

I am a conservative, I love the small town feel of where I am living, and I hate the big corporate box stores; it ruins small mom and pop shops. I like guns, and I like to drive my car fast. I like hot coffee, and avoid spilling it in my crotch at all costs. I would never sue anyone for my own mistakes. Suing McDonalds for spilling coffee in my crotch would be the same as suing somebody for hitting me after I failed to stop at a stop sign... what do you think is going to happen when you spill hot coffee in your lap?

Moore would be much more credible in my eyes if he presented his views in a respectable manner; I have a lot of respect for some 'liberals' opinions, because they put good reasons out on the table without slandering my views in the process. I think Veganism is retarded if you are a Vegan because you think cows have feelings too. Am I going to call you stupid? No, but you'll get my opinion on the matter. If you are doing it for health reasons, great. If you are doing because you believe cows are people too, great, just don't force that belief on me. I certainly don't go knocking on peoples' doors at 8am on a saturday morning, 'sharing' my religious beliefs (Protestant Christian). I would shoot myself for doing that. But just come to the door naked next time someone does that. :)

Regarding marriage, take all the tax benefits away from being a married couple, and see how many people want to get married then...I'll most likely be filing separately whenever I am married, because I feel strongly against the benefits that are offered. Getting married for the purposes of saving/making money is rediculous. I think that divorce rates would decrease in light of a loss of tax benefits...at least, after everyone realizes that, and gets divorced, lol.

Gun control...yeah, I'm all for it. People should know when and when not to use a gun. How to aim and accurately hit a target. How to safely holster it and avoid a completely out of control gun situation. I like guns. No one really 'needs' an assault rifle for anything, but handguns are a good thing to have sometimes. Not to mention fun to shoot at the range.

California had a proposition to tax its OWN internal oil companies in the interest of alternative energy...that is so assbackwards I don't know where to begin...and do you know who was supporting this proposition? The liberal side of politics. Why would california tax it's own? Why not tax outside oil coming into the state more? There were also zero checks on how the money from the taxes would be spent, and I guess that probably 75% of the funding would go right back into the bureaucracy, to line more political officers' pockets. Cut the pork spending.

Just say no to jerks like Michael Moore. Disrespect should get you nothing but a public beating.

Last edited:
You want to try taxing Saudi oil?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! (breathe) MWAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! (breathe) HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! (breathe)

Tell our President that. See what he says.

I agree with most of what you say, we have a few differences, but you aren't a conservative that's calling for the death of a culture or other neocon far right insanity. You're a moderate. Nothing wrong with that.

LMAO I just found this

fuckmichaelmoore.bmp

I am a thinker. I hate the fact that people vote on issues they know nothing about.

I know what you are saying about taxing saudi oil... I was more thinking along the lines of a higher import tax. It would force companies to invest in our own assets rather than overlook them for a cheaper imported alternative. I am all about buying domestic when it is of comparable quality. I wish I could say that I invest my money in ford or chevy, but why would I do that if I can get a better product for slightly more money?

The same manner of thinking is applied toward politics. It all needs to make logical sense to me. Even my Christianity makes more logical sense to me than any other alternative way of thinking. I don't think that someone should believe in something just because their parents did, or just because it's just something. There has to be a good reason for it. Same with politics. I think that most people vote based on what a pamphlet says rather than arriving at any logically based conclusion. That makes me sad, because the nation would be more united, apart from different beliefs, if everyone just thought a little bit, and didn't resort to fingerpointing/namecalling/making fun of others to satisfy their own selfish agenda.

I am a thinker. I hate the fact that people vote on issues they know nothing about.

When I vote, I pick up the little pamphlet that has the full text of each bill that I am to vote on. It gives me a chance to see exactly what I am voting on and decide from that, not what a commercial tells me.

I know what you are saying about taxing saudi oil... I was more thinking along the lines of a higher import tax.

Tax: the worst three letter word in the Right's vocabulary.

A higher import tax would only drive up gas costs... that much of the economy "trickles down" upon us. Then certain people will complain that we're being taxed out the ass and give it an evil sounding name. Unfortunately any way you cut it, we're pretty damn dependant on oil from the Saudis. Drilling in Alaska won't fix that, offshore drilling won't fix that. Everyone can tell us that there is oil in them thar' hills, but they forget that we consume A FUCKING SHITLOAD of oil.

Add on it the fact that we're now competing with places like India for our oil... seeing that we've given their economy a shot in the arm with all the jobs we've shipped over there. China's drinking more than their fair share. These are the reasons oil prices have increased... not the Democrats in Washington.

It would force companies to invest in our own assets rather than overlook them for a cheaper imported alternative.

Three words: Made in China.

I am all about buying domestic when it is of comparable quality. I wish I could say that I invest my money in ford or chevy, but why would I do that if I can get a better product for slightly more money?

Chew on this: GM has moved several of their plants to Mexico so that they can pay workers there pennies on the dollar to produce vehicles, while companies like Honda and Toyota open plants in the US.

In effect, if you want to support America, you buy an "import".

The same manner of thinking is applied toward politics. It all needs to make logical sense to me. Even my Christianity makes more logical sense to me than any other alternative way of thinking.

That's you. To me, Christianity makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Also, why is my way of thinking "alternative"?

I don't think that someone should believe in something just because their parents did, or just because it's just something. There has to be a good reason for it. Same with politics. I think that most people vote based on what a pamphlet says rather than arriving at any logically based conclusion.

I believe in what I do because I believe it is right. I have my own set of morals and rules which govern my life.

That makes me sad, because the nation would be more united, apart from different beliefs, if everyone just thought a little bit, and didn't resort to fingerpointing/namecalling/making fun of others to satisfy their own selfish agenda.

Rational thought took a backseat to kneejerk reactions several years ago, unfortunately.

Back