Microsoft to buy out KazaA?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dveit

VIP
One of my managers was talking about how Microsoft was planning on buying out Kazaa to stop file sharing.

here is the link
http://www.kazaa.com/us/news/microsoft.htm

its not really a link to the story but shows that MS has ties to kazaa

has anyone else heard anything about this?

I'm sure this is just part of Bill's plan to take over the world. :p

why bother, napster got huge.....napster got shut down....kazaa got huge...Kazaa will get shut down......some other file sharing website will get huge....it'll get shut down.....see a trend?

As long as the internet exists, pirating will exist. And I will be a member of whatever site is providing the goods!

By no means will this end file sharing, it will probably help a lil bit though if it is even true.

But of course piracy will always be around.

Originally posted by XZILER8@Aug 6 2003, 06:33 PM
As long as the internet exists, pirating will exist. And I will be a member of whatever site is providing the goods!

:werd: :withstupid:

I am completely addicted to d/l'ing anything I can't afford to buy.

I don't have time to really keep up with the news and all but I had heard by word of mouth a few weeks back not to access kazaa b/c of some federal spy thing going on or something to see who was sharing files..blah, blah, blah. Whether or not it was true I don't know but I cleared out my folder. Anyone else know about this? :shrug2:

who cares?

kazaa lite is NOT part of sharman networks... they are from the netherlands or something. most people use K Lite, not real ad ware'd up kazaa.

Back