mid 12's in quarter, tell me how...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

livinlow

I know there are probably a thousand ways to do it, but a good cost effective, reliable way for a daily driver is what I'm looking for. I've got a 95' integra gs-r coupe. Pretty much stock now besides intake, hi-flow cat, full 2.5" exhaust. I'm thinking a t3/t4 turbo would do it on a stock block with right fuel and a hondata. Am I wrong? Thanks.

Slicks + Jenny Craig? No problem, you could do it on low boost.

Street trim? You will probably need nearly 240 horse and a killer suspension setup.

[edit]: Why do I always post small and go back to add more?

Here is what I will suggest.

Street Trim: You will need Hondata. No way around it. Your stock GSR Fuel pump is supposedly pretty strong. I would replace it anyway.

You may not skimp out on the following options:

Turbo
Intercooler
Fuel Management

I wouldn't even care if you ran a cheesy crap-welded bargian manifold, you dont need the bling or the mechanics, just a collector that works.

The IC needs to be good. To benifit fully from the turbo, keep the thermal efficency good by not overboosting to compensate for flow loss through the IC and piping.

The turbo needs to not be a DSM/Volvo/SAAB/Hairdryer. This is where quality matters the most.

Stick the power to the ground! A good set of Koni/Tien/H&R shocks and springs will shave off more time than you think. A good compound in your soles wont hurt either. An LSD transmission would be sexy if you could swing it.

Too lazy to type much more. I'm sure a civic guy will pop on here and get into more detail with you.

cheap + reliable = hard.

a t3/to4e .63 is a good size for your application.

hondata, 550cc injectors, upgraded pump, and a couple hours on the dyno should get you there.

and of course, the typical other turbo stuff, like oil lines, piping, ic, etc...

Back