Mid Range Bogging

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

curt5446

Ok, I'm done throwing parts at this.

95 EJ1 Obd1, B20, LS trans, P75 ecu.

I did the swap in February. Car ran fine till I got a no start. Threw a new fuel pump and fuel filter in the car and a known good dizzy, ECU, TPS.

I've check the main relay, wiring to and from the ECU, I have good voltage at the injectors. Intermittently and usualy more often than not the car will bog and guzzle fuel from 2000-3500 RPM and most times when I'n not at WOT.

Suggestion, comments. What could be causing this.

Oh yeah, I drove it to and from work yesterday (50 miles) and not a problem. Got home, shut the car off, and boom. Problem was back.

Thanks in advance,

Curt

when does the bogging occur? full throttle? part throttle/

you might be running a hair lean with the 1.8 ecu on the 2.0, or causing a knock condition, thus it pulls timing.

are you using 87/89/91/92 octane?

try a tank of high test and see if it does it again.

It was happening at about half throttle. It let up at full throttle but it never had any pull . I think you were right about sensing a knock because I just loaded a stock B20 base map -more fuel- and it's MUCH better. :) Could have been the summer blend fuel to. Need to do some datalogging and see how everything is sitting and see what else I can get out of it. I'm also gonna adjust my valvetrain tomorrow -tick,tick,tick- and get everything buttoned up there. I think I just need an excuse to put on my new valve cover though.

Thanks for the reply!

Back