Might be a repost...but TFB

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hosmer

I made the millionth post
VIP
I think it looks a little better...
up to 286hp

Still a 4-Door though

06.mitsubishi.evo9.view.500.jpg

06.mitsubishi.evo9.r34.corner.500.jpg

06.mitsubishi.evo9.corner.silver.500.jpg

the skyline's front mask looks aftermarket and shotty at that.

the EVO9 doesn't look any different from the 8. Feh on that.

:werd:

Pretty much exactly the same in my eyes.

I know the skyline (nissan gt-r) will proabably look like the pic posted above, but i still think they should have stuck to this design:

skylinesmall.jpg

Originally posted by Celerity@Sep 23 2005, 09:03 AM
the skyline's front mask looks aftermarket and shotty at that.

the EVO9 doesn't look any different from the 8.  Feh on that.
[post=559136]Quoted post[/post]​

I highly doubt anything on a G35 is going to look "shotty"

the Evo9 has a different grille, different bumper, and smoked headlamps...
so, yeah, its a little different

"probably"? Ha.

The new skyline has already been out in Japan for awhile, and it looks almost exactly like the G35.

The thing that makes no sense to me, is why Nissan US would take a car that is basically a luxofied 350Z and change it's name so it directly competes with the Z. If they did indeed change the G35 to the Skyline and dropped the Infiniti moniker, they would also have to drop the price, because nobody is going to pay out the ass for what is basically a 350Z with a tiny backseat.

I just don't understand the thought process here.

I meant probably, as in the US version.

mind you the evo9 powerplant features MiVEC, which previous 4g63t motors didnt.

also, the MR version will feature the AYC :)

9 >>>>> 8. the 8 was a fucking piece of shit.

ah. my point was, I don't understand why they're even bothering with a US Skyline if it's not the R34. Hell, I'd be happier with an R32.

Apparently the new GTR is gonna take aim at higher-price bracket cars - a'la Corvette, Porsche, BMW, etc. The price is expected to be higher than the G35 and the Z as well. Hopefully its not ridiculously expensive.

the new evo looks like it has the c-west kit or the missile kit.

anyway, the japanese v35 (skyline) isnt much of a skyline. and WHEN they do it bring it, HOORAY, to the US, itll the GT-R model. the GT-R is rumored to have 400+hp with a twin turbo VQ35 block. its also going to feature the attessa pro. i think they mentioned a 7 speed sequential getrag box. the front scoops are supposedly for either 2 small intercoolers or oil coolers for the tranny and such.

anyway, i think they should change the styling a bit. i mean dont really mind of its really a 2+2 350Z on steriods because thats a great chassis anyway, just change the styling a bit more so it doesnt resemble any of the previous cars.

now what the shouldve done was mass produce the Nismo GT-R RTune. Holy fat hows. supposedly doing 10s?? WTF? crazy.

That was the Z-tune R34.

IMO, and I'm sure a lot of Skyline fans agree with me, it's utter blasphemy for the Z and the skyline to share the same chassis.

The Z and the Skyline have always been Nissan's 2 "flagship" cars, and it's unfortunate that they decided to combine the 2 platforms on the same chassis. IMO, the Z never should have had anything other than an inline 6. Someday I'd like to drop an RB26DETT into an S30 Z-car.

Give me an R32 GTR or an R33 GT400 any day. The R34 is a pig.

Oh yeah thanks for that.

I still prefer the 34s over the 32s. The 32s remind me too much of mid 90s camrys. the 33s are cool. i like the wide aggressive look. i just love the 34s though. for some reason it just looks "faster" :lol:

i seems like nissan is going to be the next "gm." over utilizing the parts bin for everything. then again seems like honda is doing that too. sticking the k24 anywhere they can.

Originally posted by endlesszeal@Sep 23 2005, 11:14 AM
over utilizing the parts bin for everything. then again seems like honda is doing that too. sticking the k24 anywhere they can.
[post=559237]Quoted post[/post]​

and you're complaining? :unsure:

its good because it makes the cars cheaper, but really... what if they reused the braking system from a sentra on the skyline? or the oil pump or something...

for a piece of mind, i would like to kno that i paid xx,xxx for a skyline and better have a reliable pump or whatever and not 20,000 for sentra.

i mean, i dont know about you guys, but when people buy the gm crossfire, i just think piece of crap. its all the left overs from the previous slk that has moved on to bigger and better things.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Sep 23 2005, 09:28 AM
ah. my point was, I don't understand why they're even bothering with a US Skyline if it's not the R34.

It's Bush's fault.

Originally posted by endlesszeal@Sep 23 2005, 11:24 AM
its good because it makes the cars cheaper, but really... what if they reused the braking system from a sentra on the skyline? or the oil pump or something...

for a piece of mind, i would like to kno that i paid xx,xxx for a skyline and better have a reliable pump or whatever and not 20,000 for sentra.

i mean, i dont know about you guys, but when people buy the gm crossfire, i just think piece of crap. its all the left overs from the previous slk that has moved on to bigger and better things.
[post=559254]Quoted post[/post]​

i meant about the honda and the k24.

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Sep 23 2005, 10:27 AM
mind you the evo9 powerplant features MiVEC, which previous 4g63t motors didnt.

also, the MR version will feature the AYC :)

9 >>>>> 8. the 8 was a fucking piece of shit.
[post=559153]Quoted post[/post]​

I Love my 8 fuck a 9 ! lol ! :p mivec will make it harder to create more hp im reading and whats ayc?

Back