1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Might be getting this 2000 Integra GS-R

Discussion in 'Members' Lounge' started by cjvictoria, Jun 3, 2013.

1. cjvictoria

cjvictoria New Member

My friend has a Teg for sale, 149k miles 5spd all original gsr

It will be painted championship white with new front and rear 2000 teg bumpers. As it sits, the bumpers are cracked up and it has a '97 rear bumper. He's going to have it painted already but this is what it looks like:
    [​IMG]
    Has:
    new headgasket, timing belt and waterpump back in november.
    skunk2 megapower exhaust
    aftermarket header
    rsx seats
    OEM type R wing

The only problem it has is the vtec solenoid leaks a little because one of the bolts that holds it is stripped.

it just doesnt seal tight against the head and leaks a little oil, VTEC still kicks in when its supposed to

The car is an original GSR. I'm going to check it out on this Sunday when he brings it by, and he's already been told I'm not going to be able to buy it that day and he's cool with that.

So, I have a question... What do you buy a clean, and well put together Integra for these days? I only ask because the only car I've bought and not traded for was my Neon back in 2009... and prices change. Keep in mind my buddy is an ASE certified technician. And he was in my auto tech class in high school, so I know his work ethic.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  2. invisibledemon

invisibledemon Bored Moderator VIP

no pic that i can see.

no help on the price either, last teg i had i traded a $600 sol for. and sold it for 2k, but it was an ls.

3. cjvictoria

cjvictoria New Member

my bad dude... pic now included in OP.

I can't find many clean ones for less than 3500-4000. At least not around here. I'm looking in other cities too and comparing stuff just for a loose reading on the prices...

I also meant to add that the car isn't being painted yet, so on Sunday I'll be looking at it in a rougher condition than what it will be in a few weeks. I'm more or less just going to check for rust and drive it to see how it runs.

I'm gonna wait until after it's painted to make an offer though. When I see the final product it should be pretty nice looking with the champ white.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2013
  4. Briansol

Briansol Admins Admin VIP

3-6, +/- condition is going rate i suppose. IMO, buy it as-is without him dumping extra money on bumpers and paint that will only drive up the cost of it.

5. cjvictoria

cjvictoria New Member

I wanted to do that, but he's already bought the paint. I might try to see if he'll do that though when I see the car. The only problem is if he agrees then he'd have to wait until I get my settlement, which right now is an unknown amount of time.

I'll try though.

I guess I should have asked what someone should pay for it in this condition VS after paint...

And after paint he wants 4800, which I will attempt to haggle down if possible.

6. cjvictoria

cjvictoria New Member

I have a question... Anyone here ever use the Edelbrock 4730 camshafts? Are they any good?

7. B16

B16 Super Moderator VIP

The threads in the head are probably stripped for that solenoid, not the bolt. You'll need to timeinsert or helicoil it.

8. cjvictoria

cjvictoria New Member

I was about to ask about what to do there... I'm sure it will be fine, but I'm going to want to fix it just because it would bother me. But I'll find out soon. I'm ready to get this damn car lol

9. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Looks like it's lowered?

10. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

11. cjvictoria

cjvictoria New Member

I can't remember what he said about the suspension, but he recommends getting a new suspension setup. Makes me thing there might be something he forgot to mention.

In other news, I got a call from my lawyer today.. The insurance co wont budge on their offer. So after paying the lawyer, bills and the doc I'm not going to be able to even afford this car. I got my hopes up too.

So I'm probably going to buy the Accord back from my sister lol

12. invisibledemon

invisibledemon Bored Moderator VIP

Did I miss the thread about what happened that you are waiting for a check from?

And I would say 4800 is a decent asking price after the work is all done. As long as the paint is done by a reputable place and it looks good. Offer 42, meet in the middle around 45, done deal.
    I personally wouldn't pay that much for it, but that's just personal taste.

13. cjvictoria

cjvictoria New Member

Guy turned left in a Mazda3 on red in front of me. I hit em in the driver side rear door at around 40 mph. I was driving my moms van had 2 adult passengers and my 1 yr old daughter with me. The officers determined I was not at fault.

After I got home and we got my daughter to bed me, my sister, and my baby mama (the crazy one) all went to the ER and I had neck, upper torso (from the seatbelt), and right shoulder injuries.

So I said fuck it and got a lawyer, waited a while and now this is where i am. My neck injury is the only problem I still have though. There's a disc that shifts from time to time and puts pressure on a nerve in my neck.

The thing that sucks dick, is that the problems with my neck never manifested until AFTER i was released from the doctor.

So I pretty much got screwed.

Also, I'm not sure if I made a thread about that... I had my crazy baby mama living with me at the time, so I really didn't log in too much because I didn't want her to get suspicions in her little head, and find the GF thread. Those of you who saw the pics know why, and I'm not getting into that outside the NWS forum lol

Last edited: Jun 4, 2013
Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted