Might be snagging a VW rat rod after all.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

efhondakid

My name is Byron.
I just started working with a friend who owns his own off-road accessory fab shop, and right next door is a driving range. Well out behind the maintenance shed is an old VW Bug, no motor, no trans. My "boss" was talking to the guy about it and apparently the guy is going to stick it out on the range for people to whack balls at. My plan is see if this guy will let me take it off his hands for a hundred bucks or so, and/or trade me for my old EF shell and let people hit balls at that instead of the VW. Im gonna talk to the guy about it tomorrow and I hope I can get it on the cheap so I can hack it up.:D

TTIWWOP Hopefully the thing isn't a complete rust bucket. Either way it sounds like a good find.

Its going to be a rat rod its supposed to have some rust. :D Its not bad, the floor boards got some holes in them but other than that its not bad. Ill take my camera tomorrow and snap some pics of the bitch.

Lose the roof, front and rear fenders, static drop as low as possible and rake the front end so the front wheels stick out past the end of the hood, something like this,

3981823206_3986dd7cc3.jpg

but raked like this one,

2360932415_bc5d05efee.jpg

eh.. i'd just do a hood ride..swap a clean pan and leave the rest rusty as shit.. then nice chrome bumpers.. lol

sold the shell, kept the motor.. its not the year i wanted anyways.. i want a pre-66.. the one i had was a crap 71 Super Beetle

i got to thinking... WRX motors are designed just like a VW motor.. so if the funds are ever there, i'll have a 63 ragtop w/ a wrx swap

Last edited:
Yep, guy Im working with has a WRX motor in is sand car, VW trans with an adapter plate.

The guy wasnt there today who owns it, hopefully I can catch him tomorrow or saturday because the range opened today so I need to get on it before it becomes a lawn ornament. :eek:

Most golfers can't hit what they're aiming at anyways.

a vw bug or dune bug or some kind of vw is on my car todo list forsure!!!! wrx would be cool too......

Back