might buy an eg tonight

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

get_nick

These snozzberries taste like snozzberries...
VIP
it's a 1992 dx. gray, with 140k. no exhaust. 5 spd. steelies. bone stock. he's asking $1700 and needs to get rid of it....

what do you guys think???

look harder.

if i didn't slack, i coulda got an Si for that price with an extra set of winter wheels, and bone stock.

I'm kind of in a bind though...i have to give back that old accord to my mom I mentioned in that other thread i had. plus, here in the northwest these stupid cars go for $2500 stock. they are a hard find around here.

it says $1775 in "good" condition

eh, kbb never reflects actual resale value that people pay for cars. I just talked to the guy and I'm gonna offer him $1400. i need a daily driver.... :cry:

it says $1775 in "good" condition

eh, kbb never reflects actual resale value that people pay for cars. I just talked to the guy and I'm gonna offer him $1400. i need a daily driver....

wha?
this isn;t making any sense to me...

is this retail? private party, or trade in?

and it seems that kbb is reflecting the actual resale is he's asking 1700 and they are listing it as 1775...

true story, about cars bein expensive in the NW.

chris(doch22a4) just got a new EG and it cost him 3k. you cant touch an EG with no rust in WA ID and OR for under 3k.

so if its clean for $1700 then you needed to buy it yesterday.

i hate people. so i call the guy yesterday and i just start seeing red flags for me to not go down there.....

1) The car has a NY title. the guy who has it currently got the title from a friend and it has never changed names.

2)it has a couple rust areas on the back.

3)It is about a 3 hour drive.

4)he wanted to "throw in a stereo and Si's to buy it"

5)he wants to sell it asap.

6)I just had a bad gut feeling about this.

so i didn't go down there and probably saved myself a lot of hassle. so i'm back on the search for a car.

i don;t follow?

rust i understand

but not re-titling the car, shit, i've done that before
and whats wrong with a NY title, huh? :mrgreen:

he sounded like a tweaker. he was overly energetic over the phone. I'm in washington state and he is in portland oregon. I don't know what a new york title looks like. Plus there is no exhaust. so i'm thinking it was stolen and they swapped vin's.

plus, the car has switched hands several times.... it's just fishy....

well go with your gut feeling but i can tell you if the title is good or not

or you can call NYS DMV

and you can get a carfax on the vin number on the title

then just make sure it matches the dash and firewall vin...

if you;re still suspicious then check other vin's
but the firewall one is difficult to change without it being noticeable...

i think i'm just going to search for something else. i just wish people weren't so shady.

Back