MIGHT buy this b16a, its built for turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hammerdgolfer

"I am selling my enigne due to my car was stolen and wrecked. The engine is in perfect condition ready to be droped into another car and go. I built this intending to put a big turbo on it and drag race but never got that far. It has about 5,700 miles on it. I replaced the oil every 1000 miles until 3000 and then switched to synthetic oil. I bought the engine and tranny for 1000 and then sent the block to JG Engine Dynamics in cali. There is got a Gen II block that can handle up to 25 lb of boost. It has eagle endyn rods and JE low comp. pistons ready for a turbo. There is a lot to list but here are the main items :
JG Engine Dynamics Gen II Block – 795
Eagle Rods – 375
JE 10.5:1 Pistions – 350
Total Seal Rings – 150
Clutch Masters 7.5lb Flywheel -375
Clutch Masters 6 Pluck Racing clutch – 350
Unorthodox Under drive pully –75
MSD Sport Compact Ignition System – 299
Spoon Racing thermostat – 70
Spoon B-Series oil pump ( better cooling at high rpms) – 280 New b16 distributor –200 Total
New Valve seals - 35
New Stainless Steel Valves - 299
$3653"

that is the description of the motor, its a full swap ready to drop into a 88-91 with motor mounts and everything, its origionaly the swap from a siR so its a first gen b16

what do you guys think about the motor, he sais up to 25 lbs boost, how much will i be able to run daily? will it be a decnet motor until i do get my turbo setup together? im trying to get everything for 2k but hes askin 2300, also comes with an msd ignition

if you do get it, don't run 25 pounds of boost everyday. get a boost controller and run low boost. should be good if you can get it for a good price.

is it pretty decently built though, the most attractive thing to me is that its everything to just drop into my 90

i guess cams and a turbo will be the next step for that motor

get pics of the wrecked car with the motor still in it. depending on how it was hit, the motor or tranny could have been damaged.

That said, a LOT of people have problems with JG's blocks. he's a fucktard. That's why Edlebrock dropped him (and why theres no more jg/edlebrock)

6 puck clutches are brutal. that car is going to suck to drive.

underdrive pulleys are not balanced.

but for a sleeved swap at 2300 bucks... it really is a bargain.

just be careful.

what kind of problems have people had with jg blocks?

so are underdrive pullies shitacular? shall i worry about replacing those right now?

so witha 6puck im basicaly going to be dumping it at every stop light and peeling out?

thanks for all the information,

problems? everything. lol
references.

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=727680
http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=547815

or the kicker- http://www.myjgengine.com/

yeah- they are that bad.

underdrive pulleys are not balanced- they fuck with the harmonic blance of the motor.
whether or not you replace them or not- the most critical part of a motors life- the break in, was done, completely unbalanced. who the hell knows how it runs. it may be perfect, it may be wack.

6 pucks are stupid. you'll have to rev to 2-3k and try your hardest to not do a burn out or stall, everytime.
in a week- your left leg will be twice as big as your right.
you will start walking funny.
girls won't like you anymore

why would people buy underdrive pullies? whats the upside to them

sounds like jg has more of problem with customer service then work but im assuming since he already has been running it for a while its satisfactory,
his car was stolen and wrecked thats why hes selling it up, i am getting pictures today...

underdrive pulleys are not balanced- they fuck with the harmonic blance of the motor.
whether or not you replace them or not- the most critical part of a motors life- the break in, was done, completely unbalanced. who the hell knows how it runs. it may be perfect, it may be wack.
do you got a pic of a stock Pulley, cuz i dont think they are a harmonic balancer.

It has to have a balancer from the factory, and the only place to do that is on the rotating assembly.

k, its official, the car is myne for 2600, get the motor and a 90 hatchback that needs a front bumper, the car is a fucking riceburner to all hell, light blue and all the interior is painted light blue and shit, the rear seats are blue and black, it has 17s with good tire, it has alteza's, a mid wind and a differnt spoiler(not to bad though) tenzo-r seats and ya...its missing alot of small shit since it was stolen but the body is re-usable when i get done with my car

a comment on the 6 puck clutch. i drive one every day. it is the sprung version. which isnt near as harsh as an unsprung one. grabs good as hell and doesnt allow you to ride the clutch as much due to the fast engagement thus preserving the life of your friction surfaces. i've driven both the sprung and unsprung versions. the unsprung versions are definitely not very street-friendly. but i can say that the sprung version is not as bad as everyone thinks. if i could do it all over again, i would have still got one.

Back