Might have found a shell to start my new project.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

MisterMister

USDM whore
Civic EG :: View topic - 1993 hatchback dx new paint eg6 socal

This seems almost perfect. Its already repainted the exact same color which I wanted, it has the same "duck bill" rear spoiler which I was going to throw on, it has a good quality CF hood, which would have been put on by me at some point, and to top it off its near me which is awesome because I can't find any decent hatches for the life on me near my area.

Now, Ive yet to contact this person, but based on the pictures and description it seems to be what I want. Basically, as long as the paint isnt an earlshieb job with red door sills and a green engine bar or something, and that its not rusted through in places it seems pretty good to me.

However, this will be the first hatch which i am planning on buying. In fact this is the oldest Honda which I've ever considered. That being said, what questions do I need to ask the seller? When/if I go to look at it in person, what do I need to check out before even bothering taking it to a mechanic for a pre-buy inspection?

BTW, what options came with this trim level of hatch? PS, power locks, AC?

Are there any major issues with this make, model, and year hatch?

Also, keep in mind that I am planning on using the money from the sale of my MR2 to swap out the engine and transmission, so miles aren't important as long as it will drive well for the next few months as I save up the cash to do my B18C5/JRSC swap.

One other thing, he says the car has "NEW NRG COILOVERS AND SPRINGS"?

That doesn't exactly jive, if you know what I mean. C/o systems typically are an adjustable spring/shock combo. Does anyone know about this specific product? Not that it matters TOO much since I will eventually be adding some full on Tiens or something of the sort (e.g. REAL coilovers), but Id rather do that sooner then later if these are bunk pieces of shyte, you know?

Anyway, all help would be rather.... helpful.

-Joe AKA MM

P.S. Yea, I know 6K is WAY out of the question for a car like this. I was thinking of offering 4500 IF the paint is done with a professional detail and the chassis is perfect (free of rust, dings or major dents and is 100% clear title). What would YOU guys offer? And NO I am NOT going to take the car with those ugly ass rims. Ive got a set of Volk CE28s which will be going on.

um, no.

if you are looking for a shell, find something with a blown motor that grandma had for 10 years.

$1500 max for a hatch shell.

Well I really dont want to spend money on paint or pulling/fixing dings & dents. Basically thats all Im worried about. if its got a good paint job, no dings/dents or russt and a clean interior Im happy.

In any case it doesnt matter, the cars sold.

Back