Might swap bottom end...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

George777

^^ Likes Bewbies
90 dx hatch with the d15 bone stock...the bottom end needs work. A buddy of mine has a few d15 and a couple d16 blocks he said I could use to put in there to get it running again before I do the LS swap...can I use a d16 block with the d15 head? I tried searching for it on this site, but I couldn't find it. just point me in the right direction

thanks

Yup, you can use the D16 block with the D15 head. You'll probably have to change out all your belts to the D16 lengths though- but I'm not 100% sure, because I've never done it. People usually put D16 heads on D15 blocks.

In any case, it WILL bolt up. Just get the belt lengths right.

Thanks for the info...

not that I am looking for power or a brand new motor, but are there any advantages of the d16 block compared to the d15? I just need the thing to run until I can get my LS swap done...and then I might sell the d15...

Quoted post[/post]]
Yup, you can use the D16 block with the D15 head. You'll probably have to change out all your belts to the D16 lengths though- but I'm not 100% sure, because I've never done it. People usually put D16 heads on D15 blocks.

In any case, it WILL bolt up. Just get the belt lengths right.
I thought you used the belts for the head of the car?
Or is it since the engine block might be physically taller than he uses the d16 belts?

no all the belts are the same size its just like putting the same block the only difference on the d15 and d16 is the crank other than that its all the same thing u could use ur old belts
i know cause i have done it already

Back